sugar

Options
Question: How am I supposed to stay under my allotted suger and still get everything else in? I had a few sips of juice and an apple and I am already over with 700 plus calories to go...

Replies

• BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    It has been the biggest challenge for me as well , considering now that I have started reading labels EVERYTHING has sugar, It is of my opinion that I would think Natural sugar like in fruits and veggies should be ok , definitely stay away from frozen foods (I have found they have alot of sugar in them) sodas, candies stuff like that, I stayed under my sugar for a couple days and it was challenging to do it

PS anyone know about if the labe says "sugar alcohol" how is that logged ?

Good luck to you !
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well juice has a lot of added sugars so my suggestion would be to avoid it... As for fruit, enjoy a serving or two a day :]
    If you go over its okay, but some will tell you not to count the fruit sugar, and thats not entirely good advice. Its digested slowly but still has an effect of the glucose levels in your body.

I dont track sugar, Ijust try not to eat anything with added sugar and it works great :] more sugar you have, the more cravings you will have as well

good luck!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    It has been the biggest challenge for me as well , considering now that I have started reading labels EVERYTHING has sugar, It is of my opinion that I would think Natural sugar like in fruits and veggies should be ok , definitely stay away from frozen foods (I have found they have alot of sugar in them) sodas, candies stuff like that, I stayed under my sugar for a couple days and it was challenging to do it

PS anyone know about if the labe says "sugar alcohol" how is that logged ?

Good luck to you !

Sugar alcohol is just logged under carbs and not sugar. Altho avoid these!! These will cause craving and gas. No one wants that right? haha

Sugar alchols are not natural. And really do you no good!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is of course not intended for diabetics, if you are diabetic you should ONLY do what your doctor recommends for your situation.

But if you have no health issues processing sugar, I would not worry as much about fruit sugar and keep your processed sugar amounts within the recommendations and subtract the fruit sugars. Not the calories from the fruit just the sugar. Your body processes fruit sugar very differently than table sugar. Juice is treated, for the most part, very similarly to table sugar by your body, so do keep an eye on how much juice you consume.

I hope that helps. Good luck on your journey.
  • keta6atl
    Options
    hi!...exactly what naomi said....eat your fruit....but try not to eat too much with added sugar....but....a little sugar isn't going to kill ya!...and sugar alcohols are counted as carbs..they aren't really a sugar or alcohol....another "great" invention by our food engineers!...not!..
  • lriffey
    lriffey Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can't believe that just a few ounces of juice has that much sugar... I guess no more juice for me :(
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    OMG I feel so betrayed about the Sugar free product I bought , TRICKERY ! That's lame !

thank you for the info about it ,
  • td_ssam
    td_ssam Posts: 32
    Options
    Hah, now that's something I didn't know... Sugar makes you crave crap... No wonder I craved crap today more than any other day, I had tons of sugar yesterday. :-/

I'll be sure to stay away from it as much as possible now. Thanks for that info for sure!