I have lost the first 50 lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great job! I bet you already feel like a new person. My dad battles with occasional reflux, and I would really love for him to stop taking some of his medications (namely his blood pressure meds since they make him unsteady on his feet). Best wishes to you on this new lifestyle journey. Enjoy your granddaughter. Grandparents are an absolute blessing! :)
  • jongwoons
    Options
    Amazing progress ^^ congratulations!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    congrats... great work
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    great job. Keep up the good work.
  • mom2kgirls
    mom2kgirls Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very inspriational to everyone just starting or struggling. Bet you feel great too!
  • MelanieM81
    MelanieM81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!:smile:
  • deanneashley
    Options
    great job!!! but one ? how did you lose 26 lbs in one month?
  • clemieux
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great?!!!
  • VintageBeauty
    Options
    Awesome Job! What a difference!
  • krasay
    krasay Posts: 23
    Options
    great job!!! but one ? how did you lose 26 lbs in one month?

I had a lot to lose and I did a lot of walking and did not always eat all my exercise calories as MFP had me at 3000+ calories a day just to lose 1 pound a week and that is more than enough food. Now with readjusting due to the weight I lost 2370 but with the Bariatric surgery I am lucky to get in 850 a day. So the weight lost after Dec28th has been due to calorie amounts averaging 700 calories a day.

I don't recommend that level to anyone unless you are under a doctors care like me. I am taking many supplements for vitamins, minerals and calcium to get my daily allowances in. I will be able to take in more amounts as time progresses, The surgery gives you a chance to relearn the proper way to eat.
  • krasay
    krasay Posts: 23
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great?!!!

Yes it does, I have found more energy and am more flexible, I am still having some pain from the surgery, but I still feel it was the right decision for me and would do it again. Surgery is not for everyone but it was for me
  • bradspace
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats and keep it up!
  • raetime80
    raetime80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! I am 45 pounds away from losing my first 50! :) But your pictures are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    WOW! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!