Are you obsessed with the scale????

Options

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My therapist told me: "Weight is a trend over time." And, it's true. Your body weight fluctuates throughout the day and throughout the week and throughout the month just based on how much water you're drinking, how much salt you've consumed, whether you've peed, whether you're constipated, whether you've eaten, etc. You shoudln't get depressed by the fluctuates because it's natural and normal!
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, our scale was broken and thrown away years ago. Now I am too scared to buy a new one. I am afraid I will throw it out the window cause I know I am gonna hate what it says.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I think I am the only person in the world who can weigh myself in one room, go pee, walk to the other bathroom and weigh myself again
    I'd stick to one scale. More consistent numbers.
  • Nichole82
    Nichole82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am totally a scale addict. I probably need to stick to once a week on my weigh in day
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I keep telling myself I am going to weigh once a week but I still weigh everyday!! I just try not to fret about the fluctuation and I do not weigh more than once per day!
  • brunettebetty
    Options
    I am completely overjoyed at any loss! Whether it's mere ounces or a pound or more! However, it's the exact opposite if it goes up! I get angry! lol It makes me wanna just toss my hands into the air, curse and go to McDonald's! I really wish I had the strength to lock the scale up and not weigh for a month. Imagine the feeling of a giant # drop. *daydreams* Alas, I think even a week is pushing it for me....I'm going to try to go til Thursday without weighing....but we'll cross that bridge after I pee tomorrow morning and go lookin' for the scale. lol
  • radwan_masri
    Options
    Use the scale once a week; do not be obsessed, Yes it will make you depressed.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I go in my bathroom. I only record it when it goes down, lol.

It doesn't depress me or anything though.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yes, me too. I feel empowered though when I DONT step on it ! its like I walk by it and stick my tounge out at it, lol.

Friday AMs are my best , always and I know this. I drink on the weekends, and I always gain, its Friday when I am back to great again, and then I drink wine again on Friday and Sat ( or Vodka ) . SO that being said, I am putting my scale away this week till friday. BOTH of them. :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I am. Big time. I think I am the only person in the world who can weigh myself in one room, go pee, walk to the other bathroom and weigh myself again and gain 3lbs. Then I'm completely upset and depressed. :noway: Hmmmm...I don't remember eating 10,500 calories in 9 seconds. LOL!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG that is so me!!! Hubby thinks I'm nuts :laugh:
  • Debx12345
    Debx12345 Posts: 210
    Options
    I hate when you have your official weight in day of say Saturday, but Wednesday you sneak a peak and wow you have lost a pound then when you do you official weigh in you have gained two pounds !!!!! I have two sets of scales, and now thinking of buying another set, that can measure body fat and hydration !!!! Why would I want three scales and they are all going to say chubby on them !!!!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Use the scale once a week; do not be obsessed, Yes it will make you depressed.

^
    |
    |

this
  • Sandra_M
    Sandra_M Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Morning routine
    Getup
    Pee
    Shower
    Dry hair
    Weigh myself

My weight does go up and down a pound or two but Saturday is my weigh in day and that's what counts.
  • fancyladymeek
    Options
    When the scale goes down it motivates me to keep on doing what I'm doing.

When the scale goes up I tell myself 2 things - weight fluctuates, and this is a reminder to not slack off and instead bust it out!

The latter happened to me this morning. Scale says up 2/5 of a lb. So while I had considered skipping that exercise dvd this morning cause I'm exhausted, it motivated me to put that dvd in and DO IT!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A little bit. I weigh myself usually every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes its everyday if I'm feeling frustrating. But my scale also calculates water % as well as fat % and a few other things so its not just weight that I look at.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning, and record it every morning, although not officially recording it on here other than once a week:tongue:
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, my name is debbie and i am a scales addict. first off in the morning, as soon as i get home from work, after i work out in the evening and before i go to bed - just to prepare myself for tomorrow morning. ocd, i know...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    My scale has shown a 3 pound drop in a couple of hours. fluctuation is normal - especially in women. The smaller we are the more up and down we see. Just remember you have to eat 3500 calories to gain a pound. I have begun weighing myself every morning just to get used to the fluctuation. I only log progress - gotta stay positive!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Best medicine for obsessive weighing = reading this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160943-why-the-scale-lies
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am. Big time. I think I am the only person in the world who can weigh myself in one room, go pee, walk to the other bathroom and weigh myself again and gain 3lbs. Then I'm completely upset and depressed. :noway: Hmmmm...I don't remember eating 10,500 calories in 9 seconds. LOL!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

scales measure differently so to get an accurate reading you should stick with only one scale