Children's eating habits...

Options
So I JUST started my weight loss journey and stocked my kitchen with healthy goodies this weekend. My 6year old daughter is having a sleepover, I set out a bowl of potato chips and also offered bananas, clementines, and grapes. The fruit was devoured within 5 minutes and left them begging for more, while the chips have been completly untouched! Of course I gave them all the fruit they wanted, and I'm so proud to see just how quickly the healthy choices I am making are affecting those around me.

Of course, I have to go back to the store to buy more produce, but I'm so tickled that I don't even care :laugh:

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo awesome!! What a great mom you are :flowerforyou:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My daughter is big on fruit, but my son loves his vegetables! Only kid I know that regularly requests one of the following with a meal: broccoli, avocado, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, beets, beet greens and cauliflower. He likes carrots and corn too, but not on the most requested list.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Good one :wink:
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Good for them (and you)!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo jealous.. I have THE pickiest 7yr old EVER!! Seriously, all he will eat is plain pasta, plain waffles, mac & cheese and chicken nuggets. I am the COMPLETE opposite and have been ever since I was pregnant with him. But he has been a problem eater from day one. At first I wasn't too worried about it but now I am starting to worry for his future health. Plus cooking 2 meals all time is a pain! His Ped says "don't worry he will eventually grow out of it, they all do" but when!!!