i LOVE skinnytaste.com!! what websites are your faves?

Options
I recently found out about skinnytaste.com through doing a search on the message boards, and it's AMAZING!!!! Such fabulous recipes and for those of you who are on Weight Watchers, you can search for recipes by points. I made the adobo chicken last nite, and just made the avocado chicken soup today. Absolute yummers! It's great to find a website like this that makes me excited to go grocery shopping and to cook such delicious and healthy recipes.

The only thing I'm sad about is that I cook just for myself, so I have to wait a couple days before I can try out another entree recipe on her site. ;)

I'm excited to share this website with those of you who are newbies on MFP like myself! But I also would love to hear, what websites about health/fitness/nutrition do you just HAVE to visit on a regular basis? :)

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You'll love Hungrygirl.com
  • Trafty024
    Trafty024 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great topic - I don't have any to share but an interested to hear what others say.

The only thing I'll say about hungrygirl.com is that I was disapointed with how much processed/packaged food she pushed... it's been a long time since I subscribed to her email so maybe it changed but it didn't seem like she promoted fresh food enough.
  • hingebre
    Options
    bump! I'd love some new websites
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like hungry-girl.com and also http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    eatbetteramerica.com
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Epicurious.com!
  • addie807
    Options
    This has nothing to do with food or weight loss but my favorite website is http://www.goodreads.com . It is a site for people who like/love to read and discuss books/authors. You can meet others with similar tastes in books and I'm sure you can find a good health book to read :)
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love love love skinnytaste too. I just had the chicken pot pie soup and the whole fam loved it :)
  • chrysnel
    Options
    Great topic - I don't have any to share but an interested to hear what others say.

The only thing I'll say about hungrygirl.com is that I was disapointed with how much processed/packaged food she pushed... it's been a long time since I subscribed to her email so maybe it changed but it didn't seem like she promoted fresh food enough.

I agree! I used to love her emails, and even bought the book, but now I never look at it anymore, because of the processed food and artificial sweeteners.

My absolute favourite website is www.thegraciouspantry.com - amazing recipes - all clean, non-processed foods! :)
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I agree about Hungry Girl. Her recipes are highly dependent on artificial sweeteners and "fake" foods like cool whip. I still subscribe because I'll take her ideas/recipes and use them as jumping off points to make my own recipes and dishes. A friend got the hubby and I two of her cookbooks for Christmas and, just on thumbing through them, I can't see myself using many of the recipes.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a cook so I love that skinnytaste has a bunch of crock pot dishes. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    +1 on The Gracious Pantry, I also like to hit up www.eatingwell.com.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    thanks for the new sites that i can bookmark! :) in surfing the web just now, i came across a great fitness blog: http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/

i also remembered one site that i like (and which i should visit more often!) -- The World's Healthiest Foods: http://whfoods.org/. For each food, they'll provide a description of its benefits (well referenced too!) and suggestions on how to store, prepare, and cook it.
  • sherrie906
    sherrie906 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!! This is real food that is easy to make !
  • JDizzIe
    JDizzIe Posts: 23
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the new sites! I couldn't believe how much Splenda and processed crap HG uses.. no thanks!
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    don't have a site for you guys but will be checking out some of the ones mentioned.