Ya know what's amazing?

Options
I've been on this board THREE WHOLE DAYS now and I am just astounded by what I read and see.

I wanted to loose weight for my health and to feel pretty again! But all of you show that it leads to so much more. To not only your personal weight goals being met but personal life goals being met too!

Loosing weight makes you feel better thus you're able to accomplish things that you've always wanted to! Like the 30 mile ride, or getting a motorcycle like you've always wanted...its incredible! It changes you! It changes your life in a way where you will be able to look back and say, "I did the things I wanted to do!" What a wonderful thing to be able to say about yourself!

It doesn't just effect your health, it effects your brain! It jump starts you back into life!!! So much time wasted on wishing I could do the things I want to do! I can't wait until this just improved my life all the way from my feeling better to me accomplishing the little things, all by just loosing some weight!

THANKS!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• Singinladeda
    Options
    I've been on this board THREE WHOLE DAYS now and I am just astounded by what I read and see.

I wanted to loose weight for my health and to feel pretty again! But all of you show that it leads to so much more. To not only your personal weight goals being met but personal life goals being met too!

Loosing weight makes you feel better thus you're able to accomplish things that you've always wanted to! Like the 30 mile ride, or getting a motorcycle like you've always wanted...its incredible! It changes you! It changes your life in a way where you will be able to look back and say, "I did the things I wanted to do!" What a wonderful thing to be able to say about yourself!

It doesn't just effect your health, it effects your brain! It jump starts you back into life!!! So much time wasted on wishing I could do the things I want to do! I can't wait until this just improved my life all the way from my feeling better to me accomplishing the little things, all by just loosing some weight!

THANKS!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Great post!!

It really is about the bigger picture. Weight-loss is ONE ingredient to what will make a truly happy life!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    This place is not even about the weight loss anymore. It has become family. I come here to be with my friends and encourage and be encouraged. I love it here.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You're gonna love it here! And your baby is ADORABLE!!!! :love: :love:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the first MFP hookup! When that happens we have truely made the BIGTIME! Either that or we get a blurb on Oprah or something (course when that happens, I think I might have to stop comming by cuz it will be too busy for me.):glasses:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I'm waiting for the first MFP hookup! When that happens we have truely made the BIGTIME! Either that or we get a blurb on Oprah or something (course when that happens, I think I might have to stop comming by cuz it will be too busy for me.):glasses:

Uhm.....*steps quietly into the back of the room*

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    This place is not even about the weight loss anymore. It has become family. I come here to be with my friends and encourage and be encouraged. I love it here.

That's SO nice Mr. JJ........?? *buttering J up so I can sneak behind him and throw a water balloon at him!!*
    SPLAT!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    lol tami!
    Great post! It really is about more than just losing weight, this site is so encouraging for all of us
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

so do four or five others with him...
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Glad you've joined us! This site has been wonderful and supportive. When I was on my ride today and thought once about turning around, I didn't because I didn't want to have to explain to everyone why I didn't make my 30 mile goal!! :tongue:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Banks hasn't been around enough lately!! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

We should get to organizing!! haha
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Yes feeling good about yourself and who you are is a very fulfilling thing.:flowerforyou: I've still got a ways to go. But I feel better already:wink: I have more energy, I dress nicer, and I can't wait to see ab muscles again...:laugh: As of now looks good standing up but not sitting :laugh: But instead of feeling, embarrassed, ashamed, and depressed; you feel happy, confident, proud, energized, and it feels good to work so hard for something and accomplish it....:drinker: It really will change your life. I was up to 189lbs. At 5'5" that's pretty overweight. Especially when I used to be 110. I got in a verbally/physically abusive relationship for 3 years. I was afraid to move. He threatened to kill my family and held a gun against my head some of the times I tried. And because of the abuse I went through three miscarraiges...Anywho...no reason to get into that too much. He went to a football game one night with his friends, I loaded up a U-haul and finally got the strength and courage to move out. This was the best move I ever made. I got down to 158 almost right away. Still a little overweight....But then I got into the partying thing and dating scene and pretty much stayed around 158-162. I finally ran into my fiance. He treats me wonderful and I'm happy now. It's taken me a while to get past the mental effects of that relationship but luckily Steve has been very patient and understanding with that. We moved down to Florida and I got down to 148. We relocated back to Ohio and 4 months later I got laid off. I was offered a job with the same company here in SC and we moved again. We lived in a motel for 5 months and I gained again....eating out all the time and little exercise. I was up to 170. So I made the decision to lose my weight so I can be happy with myself again. I lost two pounds and while researching weight loss ran into this sight. In the past 10 months I've lost 20 lbs. I've fallen on and off the diet, didnt gain, but didnt lose. In March he proposed to me, so now I have another reason to dedicate myself to this diet and I want to make this change for life. I am determined and I will do it. It feels like such an accomplishment to be down 20 lbs. I'm over halfway there. And already it is changing my life. It's been a long journey but I feel like I've finally got my life back....:drinker:

Keep it up. It is well worth it and will change your life in ways you would never dream of. And the people here are great!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

7047.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Should I tell the brass band to go back??
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

well said me too......I'm just getting to know everyone by reading blogs but so far so good....:wink:

7047.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter