What's your frame size?

Options
2»

Replies

• Candiceg13
    Options
    So, the wrist tests says. "Large" and even if that test doesn't have any validity, my rib cage is def testimony to my large frame..... I have not been able to do the body mass test (water one) but my doc and I both agree, that I will not be 120lbs.... it will not be healthy for me.... I have always been a larger girl, even when at a healthy weight..... I have much more of an athletic build, and it sucks.... I build muscle quickly, but pounds don't drop..... I am currently at 175 and I am in a size 14, almost 12...goal is 150lbs and size 8..... but my body may not do that.....

I feel that I am making progrss, but not what I want to see..... ohh well, anything woth doing is worth doing right.....what won't kill me WILL make me stronger!
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Small frame size :) when i really put my mind to it I say it comes off easily but not at a fast rate....but since my frame is so small it shows up quicker (I've lost 6lbs and already my co-workers are asking if I'm skinnier)

I am a small frame, too.. and I agree with this 100%
    It's hard for me to stay so focused, because it comes off so slowly, but if I gain back, that is really noticeable, too. 5 pounds makes a big difference on my frame.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I have small frame here.
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    Very small frame and I generally have a pretty easy time losing weight, but I put it back on very easily too if I stop "dieting"
  • KrushGroove103
    KrushGroove103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So, the wrist tests says. "Large" and even if that test doesn't have any validity, my rib cage is def testimony to my large frame..... I have not been able to do the body mass test (water one) but my doc and I both agree, that I will not be 120lbs.... it will not be healthy for me.... I have always been a larger girl, even when at a healthy weight..... I have much more of an athletic build, and it sucks.... I build muscle quickly, but pounds don't drop..... I am currently at 175 and I am in a size 14, almost 12...goal is 150lbs and size 8..... but my body may not do that.....

I feel that I am making progrss, but not what I want to see..... ohh well, anything woth doing is worth doing right.....what won't kill me WILL make me stronger!

Im pretty much in the same boat (179lbs and a size 14/almost 12!) Ive always felt like my ribs were HUGE, I have an athletic build and am barrel chested just like my father and my grandfather. I never really thought that I had a large frame, but according to the wrist test, I DO have a large frame. It all make sense now! When I was at my heaviest (220lbs ) no one believed I weighed 220! I guess having a large frame helped me carry it well :-) But! When I got down to the smallest Ive been since high school (150lb) I was smaller but was still a size 10 on a good day! My current goal is to get down to 135 and a size 8. Now that I see that I have a large frame, I feel like that goal may be unrealistic!

As far as losing weight, its somewhat hard for me. I find that I build muscle much more quickly than losing weight. Ive lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks but you cant really tell all that much. I am starting to see my arm muscles again, so Im sure that I losing at least some fat!

I used to hate my athletic build, but since I started playing roller derby 3 years ago, Ive learned to love it!
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Not sure about the wrist thing. Small wrist and ankles run in my family but I have always considered myself medium frame. Even at the bottom of the scale on the bmi index for my height I wear an 8.
  • jongwoons
    Options
    I'm 5'.5'' and my wrist size is about 6'.5''. I highly doubt I am a large frame. I'm not tiny but I'm not large either so I'd say a medium frame would be more accurate. :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm short (5'2) and have a medium frame size. Even when I was at my absolute smallest (120 lbs...size 3) I looked kinda stocky because of my wide rib cage and broad shoulders.
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't know.

I take a long time to lose weight. As a child, I was very thin, so I would be inclined to say that I have a small frame, although, I look like I have big bones. (It's all fat, I tell ya. =) )
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    LARGE for sure. I used the linked frame sizer and it showed me large as well (which means that I can drop 20 lbs and no one notices....but i can also gain 20 lbs and no one notices!)
    I anticipated that I would get large - I have a build like my dad and bone structure like mom (who weighs 95 lbs but wears a size 8 because smaller pants won't fasten around her hip bones and wears a 38 nearly A - which is a REALLY hard to find bra!)
    I don't have trouble losing the same 30 lbs over and over... I teeter between about 215 and 190 ALL the time and was, at my heaviest, 240. I don't even think I will ever get below a 16, which is what I wear when I am down in the 180s but my backside is always the last place I drop and so pants don't fit any better for a long time! :)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had always thought I had a large framed and was very 'big boned', but when I lost weight I was extremely surprised to find out that I really didn't have a big frame at all. My shoulders and hips are a bit broad and I'm tall, but I was able to get much thinner than I thought possible.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have a very large frame but I don't think it affects my weight loss. You might not notice if I gain or lose 10 pounds but I will notice it. I carry all of my weight in my chest, shoulders, and legs. My legs have always been huge, even when I was a heavy lifter and leg pressing over 1,000 lbs. Just to give you an idea - my thigh is 29 inches around. I think it's one of the reasons that I've never been big on running long distances.

In the past I used to lose weight very easily but the last couple of years have been a challenge for me. I just started getting serious about weight loss again at the beginning of January and I've lost 6 pounds so far so I'm excited about that. I'm hoping that I can continue to lose without being stuck at too many plateaus along the way.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have a medium frame, and I have a difficult time losing.
  • stephscott
    Options
    Curvy and full!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Very large frame - gotta love that Amazonian German build (or not!)
    Once I decided to eat healthy foods, exercise, and drink lots of water, the weight has come off pretty consistently and the inches have gone down as well. I will always have a large frame, but my face will look like a totally different person as I lose more and more weight. I dumped the junk from my house and replaced it with nutritious foods, so it's not hard to pick healthy options.
  • I never actually heard of that test and I don't think it's accurate- I have long fingers and my fingers overlapped showing a small ! Frame when I have a med- large frame and (as do others who do I can carry more weight without seeming fat) there are measurements which indicate frame size based on wrist circumference... I do not know if these are accurate with extremely obese individuals with fat on their wrists.

Female Wrist Measurements
    Line:
      1)Height less than 5' 2"
    2)Height 5' 2" - 5' 5
    3) Height more than 5' 5"
    Small
    Less than 5.5"(140mm)
    Less than 6.0"(152mm)
    Less than 6.25

Medium
    5.5" - 5.75"(140 - 146mm)
    6" - 6.25"(152 - 159mms)
    6.25" - 6.5"(159 - 165mm)

Large
    More than 5.75"(146mm)
    More than 6.25"(159mm)
    More than 6.5" (165mm)

Male Wrist Measurements

Height more than 5' 5"

Small 5.5" - 6.5"(140 - 165mm)
    Medium 6.5" - 7.5"(165 - 191mm)
    Large More than 7.5"(191mm)

I found these online! They should be pretty accurate :)

6 inches and I'm 5'5. Guess I'm small framed. I think that's a good thing? I lose 5lbs and people do notice.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Female Wrist Measurements
    Line:
      1)Height less than 5' 2"
    2)Height 5' 2" - 5' 5
    3) Height more than 5' 5"
    Small
    Less than 5.5"(140mm)
    Less than 6.0"(152mm)
    Less than 6.25

Medium
    5.5" - 5.75"(140 - 146mm)
    6" - 6.25"(152 - 159mms)
    6.25" - 6.5"(159 - 165mm)

Large
    More than 5.75"(146mm)
    More than 6.25"(159mm)
    More than 6.5" (165mm)

Male Wrist Measurements

Height more than 5' 5"

Small 5.5" - 6.5"(140 - 165mm)
    Medium 6.5" - 7.5"(165 - 191mm)
    Large More than 7.5"(191mm)

I found these online! They should be pretty accurate :)

6 inches and I'm 5'5. Guess I'm small framed. I think that's a good thing? I lose 5lbs and people do notice.

I'm 5'10" and my wrist is just over 6.75" - That gives me a large frame, which I know I have, so it's accurate for me, anyway.
  • weslfuss
    Options
    I read on one site how to get a rough guestimate:
    Wrap your thumb and major fingers around your smallest part of your wrist. If:
    the fingers overlap~ Small Frame
    the fingers barely touch~ Medium Frame
    the fingers don't touch~ Large Frame

I got medium on the first one, but then I found this site with an actual calculator and got large.
    http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/reload.pl

Then again, I wasn't specific with the calculator, I just guessed the measurements.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!