Resistence bands or free weights

istayfly4her
istayfly4her Posts: 12
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
im on day 6 of the p90x and been using resistance bands.. I wanted to get some weights but weren't sure due to changing weight size and not having the flexibility to change weight.. Do you think the resistance bands will give some results or to maximize results should I consider a set of weights?

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Just an out there suggestion, as I'm really no expert on bands or the pros/cons/and comparisons of them to weights, HOWEVER, my boyfriend bought the power blocks they use in the videos, and they're actually amazing. If you have some extra cash they're seriously a great investment, especially if you have to keep buying weights to up your amount.

Congrats on your first week of p90x! =)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    yes mam
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    i prefer weights, more versatile... You can do all the resistance band exercises with weights, but you can't do all the weight exercises with resistance bands
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    If you have the money for Power Blocks then those are great. Or if you want a nice set of variable resistance bands go for Bodylastics which are about the best on the market and relatively affordable. (A lot of people I know use them with p90x too)

This guy explains the benefits of using bands in this video if that's what you're looking for.
    http://www.muscleandfitness.com/raw_training_strength_band/videos/144

Personally, I use both hex dumbbells and bands, as well as other equipment, indian clubs, sledge hammer etc...
This discussion has been closed.