Eating all my calories but too tired

Options
jkestens63
jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
I know its important to eat your minimum calorie requirements, including exercise caloiees. I usually don't have a problem doing that however tonight I am under by 426 calories and I still have my bedtime snack of 200 calories to eat. I am tired and want to go to bed and not hungry at all. I feel like I should stay up and at least get the snack in otherwise my net calories will be less than 600. I think I am just going to go to bed.

But I am curious, what would you do?

Replies

• jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Just don't make it a habit.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    No. Its too late to consume all of that now. Sometimes you will miss the mark. Nobody's perfect. Just try to plan better tomorrow thats all.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'd go to bed. Your body will tell you if you need to eat. And one day isn't going to throw you into 'starvation mode'--just make sure to eat all your calories tomorrow. I wouldn't make it a habit of not eating enough, but I also wouldn't make it a habit of like force feeding yourself. I don't see that as being healthy either.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Me I would eat something that was healthy and high in calories like nuts or seeds that would bring up my calories with out making me feel fuller. You don't want your net calories to be under 1200.
  • sierraskooter
    Options
    I would find a quick high protein snack. You shouldn't be that low on cals its not good for your body.
  • aplug
    aplug Posts: 5
    Options
    If it was me, I would just go to bed. I get that you're not supposed to starve the system but eating right before going to bed isn't always great either. You're not that far behind and one day here and there isn't going to kill you. .
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just go to bed. If I'm really tired, I'm not hungry either. Just don't make this a regular thing.
  • TuskarMedicWife10
    Options
    I think that you should take the clues your body is giving you. Part of loosing weight is to not eat when we are not hungry. If you are tired, then go to bed. This won't throw you into starvation mode, and if you wake up in the middle of the night hungry just choose wisely on your snack and log it. But if you don't wake up then take it as a success to not force feeding yourself. I am learning that cravings can be cured by a small snack or a piece of gum and that I really am not hungry for what "sounds" good.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    It's one day. Go to bed. You can make it up tomorrow.....eat a good breakfast. :)