Just Dance

Options
Anyone have any clue as to how many calories are burned while doing programs like Just Dance on the Wii?

Replies

• brandifriday
    brandifriday Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I love Just Dance2! I always input dancing, general to estimate my calories. good luck!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just use the "Dance" category in the cardio exercise. The best way is to get a heart rate monitor I guess, but until I can get one...that's what I do!
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Unless your doing it for your workout I wouldnt count it. Think of it as extra going towards your loss. If you feel like you need to count it get a HRM, if thats not an option then Id put it as walking at slow pace 2.0 for only the duration you were actually dancing.
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use dancing general to estimate mine too. I use the just sweat a lot and I am not sure what the sweat number is but I know the more I giggle the higher the number :)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor when I play and I typically burn about 150-200 calories in a half hour time. Granted, it kind of depends on what songs I'm dancing to and how active they are. I would most definitely count the workout you get from playing Just Dance, regardless of if you're doing it for your exercise or not. I would hardly consider it to be "normal activity" but rather an exercise, given how sweaty I get from doing it.
  • deanneashley
    Options
    well i do zumba and for 45 mins we sweat 500 to 700 cals !!!!!! its so fun.. dancing is deff more than a slow pace walk