Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Options
SparkleShine
SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
These look so yummy! I'm going to make them this week and let you know how they taste!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Looks really yummy and I can totally alter that to be less calories! Thanks for sharing the site, I see a lot of tasty stuff there! :love:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My mom has a recipe very similar for Italian Sausage Lasagna Rolls. Now, obviously, those aren't diet friendly, but these look like an AWESOME alternative!! Thanks for sharing!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    I am also very excited to try these. YUM! might make some with sausage or chicken for my husband :)
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yum! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • heatypablo
    Options
    MMMMMMMM!!!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    It looks very YUM-O! But I'm scared to try it. I'm not a spinach person
  • prototype
    prototype Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This actually looks good. Let me know what you think. I might try it myself in a couple of weeks.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Perfectly portioned individual lasagnas. This is one of those family friendly recipes everyone in your home will love. A great way to get your kids to eat spinach too. I personally find one to be filling for me, served with a garden salad on the side. My husband can easily eat three.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 roll • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 ww pts
    Calories: 224.9 • Fat: 5.1 g • Fiber: 3.4 g • Protein: 13.0 g • Carbs: 31.5
    9 lasagna noodles, cooked
    10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
    15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 egg
    salt and fresh pepper
    32 oz tomato sauce
    9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.

Just in case anyone would rather just see the recipe here. I think I need to try these. They look really good.
  • teach1975
    teach1975 Posts: 15
    Options
    These sound yummy!! Thanks.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump.