Emma is fed up - official

Options
:sad:

Have been dieting now (this time) for three weeks and have lost 9lb. Today was weigh-in day and I haven't lost a single sausage (nor eaten one). Sooooooooooooo fed up as I have been so motivated and eaten really well - and exercised more than I have ever done. All I can think of is my Friday night out with Vodka. However, I counted all that I had drank, which I have never done before and exercised to compensate. What has happened?

Replies

• aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    You could have gained weight from muscle growth if you've been exercising more, you could be retaining water weight, you may have lost inches but not weight? The body's a weird and wonderful thing, it happens to me all the time, but as long as I feel better in myself and my clothes fit more comfortably, I don't let it get me down! :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This is normal. Your body was getting used to the sudden change. Water weight will come off first so some of the pounds could've been that. Alcohol slows down the metabolism and dehydrates you which can cause your body to retain water. I don't know if this is what it is. Just keep at it.
  • noraht
    noraht Posts: 21
    Options
    You're doing really well Emma! Don't give up.......ups and downs are all a part of the big picture! just keep on doing what you are doing and over time you will meet all your goals!!
  • DenShort
    Options
    Try measuring yourself at your weigh ins, you should see inch loss the weeks you don't lose actual weight. Try bust (around the fullest part), waist (an inch above your belly button) and hips (around your bum and thighs). It's really good for motivation on the slow weight loss weeks :)
  • LynseyLous
    LynseyLous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    emma im feeling exactly the same my first week 8lb off and today got on the scales 2lb on :( im so disheartened!

x
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Have Measured myself: 3.5 inches off waist, 1 inch off neck? (how is that) and an inch off hips and bust! That's fab, you're right... Don't feel so bad now! Thanks guys xxx
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    emma im feeling exactly the same my first week 8lb off and today got on the scales 2lb on :( im so disheartened!

x

Did you measure yourself when you began? I've just re- measured and it's cheered me up a little. Did you lose 8lb in one week? That's loads! We have to keep plodding on no matter what buggers the scales are! Lol. Good luck xxx
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Honestly you shouldbe happy with what your accomplished so far. If you look at it you've actually lost about 3 lbs per week, thats pretty good. People always want big numbers week after week and its just not going to happen. Ideally to take off the weight and maintain it you should be losing about a pound a week. If you take it off slowly you are more likely to make the lifelong change in habits than if you try to get it off quickly. Besides, as the saying goes, you didn't put it on in a week, why should you expect it to come off in a week?

Keep at it. Get your exercise, be true to your eating plan & logging it, & it will come off!
  • mjmartin
    Options
    Keep on going girl! From what I've heard the first 3 weeks the weight comes off in larger amounts then comes off in smaller amounts after. Everyone's right... you're prob retaining water which will balance out in a day or two then you'll show your weight loss. Stay positive & keep on going!