Best time to go camping in NY/PA/MA???

Options
We are planning on going on a family camping trip sometime in September/October?
When would be the best time where it's not too hot or too cold?

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    We are planning on going on a family camping trip sometime in September/October?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Probably Mid-September.

I live in CT. It can be tricky around here. October can either be COLD or on the warmer side...and September is usually pretty nice. But I would say Mid to late September would be perfect. Are you trying to come to see the leaves though??
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options

Probably Mid-September.

I live in CT. It can be tricky around here. October can either be COLD or on the warmer side...and September is usually pretty nice. But I would say Mid to late September would be perfect. Are you trying to come to see the leaves though??

Thanks Tami.
    Hubby needed to know to put in for time off from work. We are planning on going the last two weeks of September. We have great leaves here in the NC mountains so thats not really an important factor in the trip. If they are pretty then great, if not its no big deal.
    Camping is always a bit of a gamble since weather is so unpredictable, but at least this gives us an idea. Thanks again. :smile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    come to Mass! lol....(shameless plug!) but seriously it stays warm in Sept and Oct ever since global warming has twisted our seasons around....:ohwell: We also love NH, but it more north so it get c-c-c-c-old!

hugs!
    Ali a fellow camper in Sept! lol
  • TamTastic
    Options
    come to Mass! lol....(shameless plug!) but seriously it stays warm in Sept and Oct ever since global warming has twisted our seasons around....:ohwell: We also love NH, but it more north so it get c-c-c-c-old!

hugs!

OMG, I haven't been camping in SO long!! (Misses it SOOO MUCH!!!). I grew up camping in Oregon. Maybe you can take me!!!!!!! * JUMPS UP AND DOWN!!* (not that I am inviting myself along or anything)
  • ali106
    Options

hugs!

OMG, I haven't been camping in SO long!! (Misses it SOOO MUCH!!!). I grew up camping in Oregon. Maybe you can take me!!!!!!! * JUMPS UP AND DOWN!!* (not that I am inviting myself along or anything)

omg we totally need to plan a trip...or two!!! hmmm where...where....where? we have a beautiful camper too but we put out tents and all the fixins LOL...oh yes please lets do it!!! *jumps up and down w/ tami!*,,,,*ouch I need my sports bra! lol*
  • TamTastic
    Options

hugs!

omg we totally need to plan a trip...or two!!! hmmm where...where....where? we have a beautiful camper too but we put out tents and all the fixins LOL...oh yes please lets do it!!! *jumps up and down w/ tami!*,,,,*ouch I need my sports bra! lol*

ROFLMAO!!!! @needing sports bra!!! Don't knock yourself out girl!!

OMG, that's a plan!!! I don't have any of the gear (I did in Oregon!! Drat!!).....but we can figure something out. I love tent camping!
  • ali106
    Options
    girl!!! we are veteran campers...we got you guys covered!!!!

lol....how fun would that be....we'll bring my mil lol she can watch the boys sleep in our camper and we can all stay out at the camp fire...skinny girl margaritas! woo hoo!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Omg, you have NO idea how excited I am now!!

I think J.T. would have a blast!!!!

Fitness, sorry to turn this into our camping planning!!! HAHAHA!!