Holy crud...that wasn't really me...was it?

kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

Anyone feel sooooo weird looking at old pics of themselves...like who was that?
How did I get there....here?
I also feel a little scared about putting the weight back on...

I found some doozies from when after my dd was born..probably about 15-20 pounds heavier than when I started here (before pic posted from x-mas)
Odd thing is I remember getting ready to go out and getting 'dolled' up and thinking I didn't look too bad...
I don't remember feeling/looking that big...even when I had to buy size 12 pants...which I was an 8 before getting pg
I'm hoping to keep these pics around and use them as motivation to stick with my program...

If it would help anyone else I'll post some (GULP)

Hope everyone is having a good one, Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Hi

I found some doozies from when after my dd was born..probably about 15-20 pounds heavier than when I started here (before pic posted from x-mas)
    Odd thing is I remember getting ready to go out and getting 'dolled' up and thinking I didn't look too bad...
    I don't remember feeling/looking that big...even when I had to buy size 12 pants...which I was an 8 before getting pg
    I'm hoping to keep these pics around and use them as motivation to stick with my program...

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    You're brave. I can't stand looking at pictures of me pre-diet. {{shudder}}
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    hey you can see my fat a$% when i was 259 :cry:
    now little better 40 lbs off need 15 more :drinker:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    hey kim,
    your right on that one. i used to think that i looked "good" without actually realizing it. i haven't lost a lot yet, but i recently am starting to feel healthy.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    I have some old pics of me before I lost the first 40 pounds I did a few years ago. It almost makes me cry.. yet I always felt good then. It's amazing!! I still have a long ways to go, but I feel great knowing where I came from!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    In 2005 I looked at some pictures from my son's second birthday party. I thought I looked good that day, but looking back at the pictures I couldn't believe how big I was! That is what motivated me to lose 40 lbs. in 7 months!

Sure enough I then got pregnant with my daughter and gained 50 lbs!

She is now 17 months old and I'm now at the exact starting point I was last time! So here I go again! I feel like I'm starting over every week. I really need to get in gear. I have a wedding in almost a year!

:heart: Jess
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I came across a pic of me the other day where I was at least 20 pounds heavier and thought to myself, Holy cow, I look terrible! :sick: Never again!!! :noway:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Hi

Hey Kim, I know what you mean, My sister sent me a pic of Me with my ex and MAN I was stunned to look at THAT and think HOW THE HECK did I let myself go like that I LOOKED BAD!
    I kept thoses pics and use them to show me that I DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE!
    I also have pics of when I was younger and (If I do say so myself.) Looked DAMN GOOD!
    These are the ones that I strive to return to.
    I think pictures are a great toold for this.
    --Diann...
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member

Off topic, but I see it all the time in forums - what does "DD" mean?
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    My mom has a picture of me when I was at my heaviest in her living room. I hate it!! She won't take it down because I'm hugging her in the picture. I often think about this photo and use it as motivation.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    I have destroyed those. :sick:

But you look awesome now!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member

I think it means darling daughter.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    I took some really gross pictures of myself about 20 pounds ago... the infamous "before" pictures. I really was overweight- it's so embarrassing to look at them now, but maybe someday I'll have the courage to post them
  • I took some really gross pictures of myself about 20 pounds ago... the infamous "before" pictures. I really was overweight- it's so embarrassing to look at them now, but maybe someday I'll have the courage to post them

I have many CATERPILLAR pictures too! *(cringe)........I'm working on my butterfly wings now.....:wink:
  • I took some really gross pictures of myself about 20 pounds ago... the infamous "before" pictures. I really was overweight- it's so embarrassing to look at them now, but maybe someday I'll have the courage to post them

I have many CATERPILLAR pictures too! *(cringe)........I'm working on my butterfly wings now.....:wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I was at the MIL's recently and looking at her (bunch of) fridge photos, and was about to ask "Who's that holding the baby?" when I realized:"Holy crap. That's me." Or was me. I was great biggedy. I didn't feel big at the time, so it was shocking to see myself. I keep meaning to post it, but I have a big ol' pic up on my profile. I find it's important to remember where you've been. . . and to think "never again!".:flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member

I think it means darling daughter.

Ahhh... In that case I will start calling my my LT. (Little Terror)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    ok, let me see if I can find some....god help us all....:cry:
  • kimber607
    Ok, OK,,,here I go!
    I know we are all here to support and encourage each other..maybe this will help keep me on track

First pic was from last weekend (129)
    Pic with my dd on my lap...she was about 3 mnths old (170 pounds)
    Pic with my kids by the fireplace, black shirt was a few months before I started here (150)

Gulp...here goes nothin'

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9EaM2TRm4bR8&emid=sharshar&linkid=link4
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    This post is good timing! I've been taking pics of myself with my camera phone since last October, when I was 13 pounds heavier. I took some more today and looked at them side by side and I can't believe the difference! Honestly, I look terrible in the older ones. And it's not as if 13 pounds is even that much!

I'd be happy to post them on here but I'm wearing my underwear and I'm not sure if it's allowed! I'd chop my head off so you couldn't see my face, but still...