assessing the damage

Options
...arrived home from vacation last night. Came home to below zero temps and no food in the house (ugh). Spent the week eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted (why do I DO that!?!?!?), and "strolling" on the beach for an hour or so just about every other day (as opposed to my usual butt-kicking workouts).

This morning I'm assessing the damage. I've gained a couple of pounds (but always do this time of month), feel bloated, weak....SOOOOO not worth it!

The plan? I sent my husband to the corner grocery for some clementines, eggs and bananas (to tide me over) while I'm working on my grocery list this morning. I've already set up a "date" with my two most insanely gorgeous (but amazingly supportive) friends to hit the gym (HARD) this afternoon. I'm planning out several of my family's meals for the week & am going to cook after I return from the gym.

The verdict? GUILTY of shuffling priorities while on vacation, but NOT GUILTY when it comes to allowing myself to be human. GUILTY of being gentle with myself about my lapses in judgement, NOT GUILTY of making excuses (I take full responsibility for my actions). GUILTY of wasting no time getting back into the swing of my healthy lifestyle as soon as I exit the airplane.

My vacation is over, but I have found a new eagerness to continue along my path of health.... apparently I'm just taking the scenic route.

Replies

• bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Way to get back on your horse!! That's a great accomplishment. You can do anything!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    love your attitude, love this post!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude :) you'll do great because you allow yourself to be human.