If only i could be OCD about fitness.

Options
Hi there.

I'm new to MyfitnessPal. I recently found it while i was looking for ways to stick to my new years resolution scrolling through Iphone apps. I have been using the food tracker for 3 weeks and have so far lost 5 pounds. I have only just realised that there is infact a whole online community associated with Myfitnesspal! So i thought i would give it a try.

My name is Kez, and i'm 25. I live in Wigan, UK.

Last year, i managed to loose just under 2 stone by myself. However, i suffer with depression and OCD and during a bad patch when i thought we were going to loose our house, i put a stone of this back on in worry and over eating. I am determined to not let history repeat itself. I want to be healthy. I also want to give a new diet and exercise a chance to see if it will improve the way i am feeling. It's got to be worth a try. I'm tired of being the overweight worried sad fat girl. I want to get better. I want to proove to other people and myself that i can do something worth while. Not to mention i'm sure it would also make my doctor happy lol

My first goal is that i would like to loose the stone i put on last year, so to get from 224 lbs to 210 lbs. That's the first step of the journey. I hope i can get there.

It would be great to meet some like minded people. It's all very well and good using the food tracker on your iphone, but when you have no friends to share it with it sounds like you are talking to yourself! lol

Replies

• shannondecamp
    Options
    Welcome! Yes this is a great community of people. I have found this very helpful to keep on track with how I am eating and everyone is very encouraging on here! We all have the same goal! To be happier, healthier people!
    Enjoy the site! And good luck!
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Had similar problems myself. So I can understand the worry/stress issues. This site does offer on tap support, great it's ther when you need it.

Good luck
  • kezereth
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have had similar problems. I will take hope in the fast that you've lost 16 pounds so far with this site lol

thanks for your replies :)
  • restigoucherose
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to this as well. You and I have alot in common! I suffer from depression and have for years and would really like to get off my meds but know that i have soooo much self improvement to do before i even reach that goal! First the weight that is weighing me down has to come off. I am not stupid, i know what i have to do i just have to do IT!!
    I have 2 kids Megan is 5 and Kyle is 8. He has autism, so my life isn't quite the same as all my friends. I find comfort in food when he or I are having a bad day. I hope we can connect in our journey, that would be lovely.
    Heidi
  • kezereth
    Options
    Thanks very much for your reply, im sad and quite glad that we have similar things in common! lol

I have sent you a friend request :)
  • sandra692
    sandra692 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hola, Im Sandra. I will be 40 in about two weeks. I have always struggle with my weight. I was a reservist for 15 years, and it was all pain and suffering every time the annual Fitness test and Weight in came around. I never met the weight goal for my height, and had always to be taped for body fat. I was released from the military in 2003.

About two months ago, I discovered I was 212 pounds (I am only 5'2"). I immediately stop taking my Rx for Diabetes, and automatically dropped some pounds. Now, at 203 lbs, I decided to join the local Biggest Loser Challenge. They have an exercise/dance class weekly, dietician tips, and you have to weight in every week. I started using my treadmill, and joined this website. Now, I feel I am in control of my weight loss plan, and hope to be a energetic wife and mom to my loved ones.

I am looking forward to be under 200 lbs for my birthday. Being OCD about fitness for a couple of months wouldnt hurt, if you could get rid of it quickly ...