"Friends" on MFP

Options

Replies

• mjmartin
    Options
    One thing I've done to help myself is buy a small food scale. I'm getting discouraged that I feel like I'm making huge food intake changes but am seeing very little results. I'm wondering if when I think or guess ie. I've eaten say 1oz of cheese, that maybe it's quite a bit more. Today will be the first day experimenting with the scale...... Manda
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I don't know ANY of my MFP friends. I comment on their status every day and they comment on mine. If they decide they don't like me, they can delete me as a friend any time. I love how supportive everyone is. I actually like the fact that they are all strangers. I feel like I can say anything and they won't judge me (and if they do...oh, well...I'm not actually going to run into them). I love MFP because I can be totally honest about myself and don't have to worry about how people I see every day will think of me.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have met such nice people on this site. I really only have 2 friends that I know personally...everyone is someone I just met on here. I love all my MFP friends.
  • tummymummy
    Options
    I dont know any either and reassured to know I'm not a wierdo lol! This site is definitely easier with virtual friends to help on the journey!
  • ocdad68
    ocdad68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't know any of my MFP friends. I think that most people are "friends" so that we can offer support. I've noticed that it is a lot easier to accept help and support from my friends here because there is no judgement or personal ties. I love the words of encouragement that I get from everyone on here. It is so fantastic to talk to others who share similar difficulties and triumphs.:smile:

Hey, that's a cool exercise/miles ticker.. is it here? I didn't see it.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I only know 3 of my mfp friends... we're all here for the same common reason...FAT... haha... either the loss or the gain of it... I have just started adding mfp users who are similar in some way to me or who give good advice on other peoples posts basically... I have MFP on my iphone so its really easy to access it... the iphone app recently upgraded so you can see the users so thats pretty cool too...
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Nope. I mean, there are some but, I know less than 10% of my friends list in real life. Honestly. And i'd rather be here than Facebook. LOL
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i only "know" one of my friends here -- and she's the one who told me about this site. i definitely think this is the norm. :)
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The only firends of mine that I know are my hubby and my daughter. The rest are strangers who I seem to have something in common with. Many of the people I know wouldn't understand the diet and exercise thing as much as my MFP "friends" seem to.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I only know 2 of my friends on here and oddly enough they're the ones I don't usually comment on their stuff lol. I also have added a lot of people from what they've posted on the boards and I never turn down a friend request!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    I do happen to know my MFP friends, but I only have a couple of friends at this time. I am hoping to "meet" more people as I get to spend more time on MFP and become friends them as well.
  • CountrySweetheart
    Options
    I don't know any of mine personally, but they are amazing at keeping me motivated.
  • fancyladymeek
    Options
    I only have one friend on here but I am hoping to get more!! Even with just the one friend seeing her bust it out with the exercise and nutrition inspires me to do my best as well!

So if anyone wants more friends, please add me!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I only know a couple ---- being to talk to a bunch of different people on here makes it so much more helpful. I've learned a ton from everyone on here
  • binsylad
    Options
    I dont know any of my friends ...yet, I would like to get to know them on here - ie about them, to give them support.
    I felt great knowing that I had lost some weight and that my friends on here would notice!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Don't know any of my friends, but I think it is more about seeing what other people are doing, and knowing that they're going through the same thing. Somebody else may be struggling, and others may be having success, so it helps to "share" that with others.
  • sneakers71
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. Being on here without "friends" was getting me no where closer to where I want to be - so I am glad you have reached out and requested my friendship - we can all keep each other motivated and encouraged!
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know ANY of my friends on here and I love the comments and support.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I know two of my mfp friends, both of whom I've recommended to this site (and one's my husband.)
  • kmjmom2
    Options
    only know a couple of mine. It is all just so encouraging hearing from others and reading everyone else's stories, trials, etc. This has definitely been the best tool for me!