Thank you MFP for the much needed willpower

Options
I had a particuarly rough night at work last night and all I could think about was falling off the wagon and having some much needed cocktails when I got home to help diffuse the stress. Plus, it was Saturday night and that's what I normally do on the weekends. However, thanks to MFP, I kept thinking about how many calories I would be consuming and how far that would put me over my daily alllowance. I ended up having one beer, my second since starting the program on 1/2/11. I feel so relieved this morning that I didn't give in and drink 3,000 calories worth of white russians like I normally would have. I still went over my allowance by about 100 calories but it coud have been so much worse. I hope this mindset continues--I think it will as long as I keep seeing positive results on the scale. Thank you MFP!

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    love the post! thats what i usually do but i finally hit 179 yesterday and splurged last night...woke up 182.4... :| lol dont do it
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    absolutely agree with this!! I started MFP a week ago, and it's changed my mindset for sure! I was thinking that if I ate like I normally do and added exercise, it would work for me. It took me about 10 weeks to realize that's not the case!

It really makes you think about what you are putting into your body when you have goals to reach (or stay under)! Seeing it like that really puts into perspective what exactly you are doing to yourself!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Great post! Going over by a couple hundred calories is better than 3000. You did good.

MFP and the friends I have made on MFP is always on my mind. I love this sight. It has helped me tremendously with pushing me when it comes to my workouts and watching what I eat.

Don't look back and regret what you did....just keep moving forward.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I share the same love ! Thank you MFP!!! You will never know just what it is that you have done for me and others!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You made a smart choice. I fell off the wagon a bit yesterday and had three drinks but I added them to my food diary which is a positive step. With my MFP friends and my visible diary, I am more accountable. I love having the support here!