Results

Options
I have struggled with my weight for a long time now and I know that besides the obvious eating too much one of my problems is that the results are too slow and I get disheartened! I understand that to be healthy you need to lose weight at 1-2 lbs a week and that it will take a very long time for me to reach my goal but that doesn't stop me giving up after a month when I am not suddenly the perfect size.

Have been on another diet now for 10 days and lost 4lbs which I know is good considering my exercise is not really there yet but when I started it was to lose weight for a specific event in around 3 weeks (school reunion) and I know that I am probably going to look no different so I think 'well why bother' but then I know that if I had just started 6 months ago I would be in a lot better position now...so in the grand scheme of things its not really that long. I KNOW all of this but it doesn't stop me getting annoyed like a weight loss is not good enough I want an actual result - smaller clothes etc...now i feel like I will be embarrassed at the event when I am still big!

I am going to carry on as this time it really is for real but I just wondered at what point did you start to notice results? When did others start to comment? Just so I know what to look forward to!

Notes: I am 189llbs, 5 foot 5.

Replies

• miriamcpweg
    miriamcpweg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started with very similar stats 195lb and 5' 4.5". Over the past six months i lost 28lbs and everyone is telling me I look good :) There is a light at the end of the tunnel I still have ways to go and it is very very slow but if I had never started I would be at least 28lbs heavier than I am today. You can do it!!! Keep it up 4 lbs is great!
  • sarbear509
    sarbear509 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have and am struggling with my weight. I think the best way that I have found for me to see results is to take a before picture and any time that I start to feel discouraged I will take another picture and compare them. For me it is usually about once a month and it really dose make a difference and help me to stick to it.
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you this to see if it helps put weight loss in perspective: Did you gain 10 pounds a week? Generally a person doesn't so you can't expect to lose 10 pounds a week either. I suppose there are ways to lose that in one week but it sure isn't healthy and won't stay off for long. Remember it takes years for the fat to creep up on us so it will take some time and effort to get it off. I understand the pain though. It goes on a helluva lot easier than it comes off!

I have been at this since the day after Thanksgiving. So in about 8 weeks time I have lost 15 pounds. I was getting compliments after the first 5 and I have seen a big change in how my clothes fit at 15. Another 5 pounds maybe and I'll have to get a smaller size. Yippeeeee!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started to see my results pretty much right away and kept seeing them the whole way through. I kept wondering "why aren't people telling me how good I look?" I guess other people started noticing more when I was down 20-30 lbs. BUT I started at 233, so maybe that's why? You're smaller to start with, so maybe they will notice sooner than that. My parents would tell me all the time that if I could notice the difference and if I was feeling better, then that's all that matters. So..be patient, the compliments will come and you will be smaller :flowerforyou: However, I'm not sure 4 lbs is enough for others to notice. But good job so far!!!