Favorite Low Cal Breakfast Recipes?

Options
My Fiance and I are getting bored of eggs and cereal...any tips, yummy recipes or kid friendly breakfast recipes out there that are low in calories? I'm thinking in the 400 calorie range...if a little more that's do-able as well. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jmluper
    Options
    i do 2 cups frozen mixed berries
    6oz light vanilla yogurt
    1/3 cup low-fat granola.
    mix it all together. it's 325 cal
    (slimquick.com)

i like it a lot. i usually mix it up with a flavored yogurt though.
  • peaches32684
    peaches32684 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to's are :

Whole grain oatmeal....with any fruit!

Whole wheat toast and a hard boiled egg
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Whole grain waffles or pancakes with yogurt
    1/2 c plain nonfat greek yogurt, 1 TB honey, 2 TB chopped nuts, a piece of fruit
    Bagel thin with low fat cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomato, capers, and arugala

I'm getting hungry, LOL!
  • tracyodum
    Options
    I eat this everyday for breakfast:

Quaker instant oatmeal high fiber maple and brown sugar ... 160 calories
    Bagel Thin (any kind) ... 110 calories
    Weight Watchers Cream Cheese 1 ounce containers ..... 60 calories
    2 cups of skim Milk ..... 160 calories
    and then I always add some sort of fruit..... usually an orange or banana.... this altogether is a little more than 500 calories but you can always do less milk. I have had great success with eating a larger breakfast. Its my largest meal of the day.

Good Luck!
  • davish28
    Options
    I make a smoothie in the morning and drink it on my way to work. For one serving I use I cup fat free mik, I cup lowfat vanilla yogurt, and I cup of frozen no sugar added fruit. Blend and serve. Around 230 calories. I usually get my frozen fruit at Walmart they have a good variety of frozen fruit with no sugar added, like peaches or berry mix, blueberries etc. I made one the other day with low fat chocolate soy milk, ice, a banana and I tablespoon low fat peanut butter, it was good but a little higher in calories.
  • kmvbear
    kmvbear Posts: 16
    Options
    Fage 0% yogurt, 1 tbsp favorite berry jam, and Bear Naked FIT granola. This is my fave and it feels soooooo naughty! This is the BEST Greek yogurt around!

Also, if I'm in a rush I will throw a Jimmy D-lite Turkey sausage, egg, and cheese, English muffin in the microwave. Satisfying, low cal/fat, convienent, and yummy!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Smoothies, VitaTops, yogurt and berries!
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Options
    Premium multi grain bread toasted with 1oz of flavored greek yogurt for topping.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I like Morningstar Farms original veggie sausage patty on a toasted english muffin. Add a piece of fruit. That's it. Don't get grossed out at the thought of VEGGIE sausage. It is really very good. I like it better than real pork or turkey sausage. Try it! :drinker:
  • susanaz
    susanaz Posts: 24
    Options
    I love eggs, even have them for lunch or dinner sometimes.
    My fav recipe is a half egg and half egg white asparagus omelette:
    1 cup of carton egg whites 124 cal
    1 lg egg 90 cal
    1 oz of Feta cheese 75 cal
    6 asparagus spears (chopped in small bite size pieces) 25 cal
    low sodium salt
    pepper
    and red pepper flakes
    ** I use Smart Balance cooking spray** o cal for a 3 sec spray = this is about 315 cal
    *** to make it more filling add and extra egg or more egg whites :)
  • duffylinn
    Options
    so many great ideas guys!!! Thanks, I was finding myself in a rut! I LOVE Vita Tops and the jimmy dean lite breakfast sandwiches...I seriously need to get some stuff for the yogurt parfait ideas DOUBLE YUM! Thanks again!!!!!
  • kmvbear
    kmvbear Posts: 16
    Options
    Morningstar Farms patties are super great!
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs too. I sometimes substitute for a special K bar or a Nature Valley Crunchy bar
    Sometimes "spice" my eggs up a little with Feta Cheese...I too have them for lunch and dinner!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of oatmeal with fresh fruit and a tad bid to peanut butter. delish!
  • nicke993
    Options
    "Fooled ya pancakes!"
    I whisk together:
    -1/2 banana, mashed up
    -3 egg whites (fresh or from carton)
    -1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    -1 1/2 tsp Splenda
    - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

cook over low heat (in pancake shape) on stovetop.
    Very good and only a little over 100 calories!!
  • deblaw10
    deblaw10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Morning Star Veggie Sausage Patties too...excellent! :love:
  • mlm7944
    mlm7944 Posts: 15
    Options
    Funny...I came on here to ask the same exact question! I've been a little bored of the same old things. Here's a recipe I found in Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. They're actually pretty tasty!

Oatmeal "pancakes"

-3/4 c. oatmeal (I used old-fashioned)
    - 1 whole egg
    - 3-4 egg whites
    - 1 scoop vanilla praline protein powder (I just use vanilla because it's what I have)
    - dash of cinnamon
    - 1/2 apple, chopped
    -1 pkt. stevia powder (optional) - do this to taste...I usually don't add any because the protein powder is sweet enough

Mix everything up and fry the pancake in a pan with Pam or olive oil spray until golden on each side. The texture is definitely different, but I've actually come to look forward to them!

I like to add blueberries in mine and serve them up with greek or Mountain High nonfat vanilla yogurt and more fresh or frozen (slightly thawed) berries up on top. YUM! I think I'll go make some!

**You can adjust this if you need less calories, just cut back on the protein powder, some of the egg whites (or the whole egg instead) and the amount of fruit you put in it.
  • dede73
    dede73 Posts: 5
    Options
    WW Berry yogurt, add 5 white grapes and 5 black berries 160 cal!
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning/breakfast person, I prefer breakfast for lunch or dinner lol!

I love that "Fooled ya pancakes!" recipe, and always eat fresh fruit for breakfast and make smoothies and add fruit to my whole grain oat meal:smile:

here are some other ideas hopefully some of you all will like

breakfast burrito, Scramble eggs and low-fat cheese, add salsa (or tomatoes, onions w/a little hot sauce) even some pre-cooked turkey sausage if you want. Fill a whole-wheat tortilla w/the egg mixture. If you do not have time in the morning make this the night before and microwave it in the a.m.

fruit & dairy, Use your favorite fresh fruits (or frozen, thawed a bit) add your favorite low-fat cheese (mozzarella, cottage cheese or even yogurt). as a morning snack instead of breakfast

pb&j, Believe it or not but pb&j makes the perfect fast breakfast using whole-wheat bread and sugar-free preserves.

and my favorite, Two large, hard-boiled eggs are 160 calories and contain 12 grams of protein. You can also boil the eggs the night before making it fast and simple in the morning. Add fresh fruit to this breakfast and you’re done.
  • kinglala
    kinglala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the morning star veggie patties but like the bacon they make better and they have a lot less calories. *hint bake them in the oven* super yummy!!!!