Broken toe and exercise?

LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I broke my pinky toe yesterday. I'm on Week 2 of C25K, but obviously that's out as I can't even wear normal shoes without searing pain down my foot.

Does anyone have any ideas for exercise with a broken toe? Would the stationary bike be okay? I thought maybe some Pilates floor work would be alright, but I don't know. I haven't been to see my regular doc yet, just the ER doctor yesterday. I asked him about exercise, and he just said absolutely none for at least 6 weeks and wasn't willing to even listen to my questions. I'll go ask my regular doctor when I can get in this week, but I thought I would ask around here and see if anyone had any ideas.

As long as I'm not putting weight on it, it doesn't really hurt too badly.

Replies

• sm56tzn
    sm56tzn Posts: 2 Member
    Can you tell me exactly which bone is fractured?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    It's just a little break in my Left pinky toe. I don't know exactly which bone or anything. They taped it to the toe next to it, and sent me on my merry way in my flip flops.
  • sm56tzn
    sm56tzn Posts: 2 Member
    I would stick to swimming and using weights in the gym for a few weeks, then once you are able to walk on it without too much discomfort try the recumbent bike and gradually build it back up.
This discussion has been closed.