Non Scale Victory!!

Options
I was so excited while getting ready for church this morning. My church pants were too big!!! Now they were never super-tight, but I had to suck it in to put them on a month ago. Now I had to keep pulling them up becaue they fell down so low on my hips! AND I can tell I'm getting stronger. Holding my 16 month old through church didn't feel like a sweaty icky workout ... it was easy!

I had a non-great food day at lunch today, but hey, I figure we gotta live in the real world too. THis only means I'll work out a little extra today and make super good food choices the rest of the day!

What are your latest NSVs?

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My brother in law stopped by yesterday to show off his new truck, and asked if I had been working out :smile: I haven't seen him since before Christmas, so I guess it's starting to show!

Grats on loose pants!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    For a long time, I was right on the verge of a medium t-shirt and a large t-shirt, so I owned a decent number of both. Eventually, I reached the point where I could ONLY fit into the larges. Lately, however, I've been able to bust out a few of the mediums that had been shoved to the back of my closet. :)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    That's awesome. :] Congrats!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    That's great! Such a wonderful feeling.:smile:
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    I love the non scale victories! THey can keep you on track and motivate when the scale does not give you the answer you want. Whether it being your clothes falling off or someone noticing the hard work. OR my favorite was when a lady that does a class with me at the Y told me "It seems like every time I see you your shrinking" GREAT JOB! and congratualtions!
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thats great !!! Sometimes I get discouraged with the darn scale BUT I too had a similar success and it was pretty cool :)

Keep it up !!
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thats great !!! Sometimes I get discouraged with the darn scale BUT I too had a similar success and it was pretty cool :)

Keep it up !!
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!!!
    I had my own NSV yesterday. I found a pair of jeans that I used to love, but eating and a baby and I "suddenly" grew out of them. :laugh: I thought I would give them a try. I could put them on AND not have to lay down to zip them up!!! And they didn't have any of that stretch stuff in them. Pure, stiff denim. LOL
  • amr_227
    amr_227 Posts: 23
    Options
    This is great! Good work.
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I had a NSV today, too! I have this pair of jeans that was always pretty tight. I'd have a hard time moving around in them. Today, I put them on, and even though they're still a bit tight, my waist didn't feel like it was dying in it! I was so stoked.
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I had a NSV today, too! I have this pair of jeans that was always pretty tight. I'd have a hard time moving around in them. Today, I put them on, and even though they're still a bit tight, my waist didn't feel like it was dying in it! I was so stoked.

Way to go!!! Jeans are always the test when trying to lose weight.
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratz:) My NSV was that i was upset and istead of over eating like I usually do I focus on something else.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!