dumb question

xXAlana21Xx
xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
is it ok that i log my work under exercises because im am on my feet walking around avg 6 hours a day. the reason why im asking this is because after so long I AM ASSUMING my body has been conditioned to do this with minimal effort. that being said does it still count as exercise?

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    That should be covered under your base calories when you stated your normal activity level (sedentary, active, etc.). If you entered sedentary, try wearing a pedometer to see how much walking you're actually doing in a day.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    there are no dumb questiions. :)

It depends. If you set your activity level to lighty active, then I wouldn't log it as exercise, since MFP actually already calculated some activity into your calorie intake. So logging it in again would give yoou cals, you don't really have to consume.
    I work 9 hours straight Mo-Fri, always on my feet. I set my activity level to lightly active and don't count my job as exercise.
    I only log what I do next to it, everything I don't do on a daily base.
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    I'm pretty sure that MFP incorporates this into your activity level that you choose. It's somewhere in settings. Now, that I'm thinking about it, my activity level is proabably wrong :(
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    I would think that would be accounted for when you put in your activity level initially. If you put in that you are only slightly active then it would tell you that you're supposed to eat less, but if you put moderately active (or whatever coincides with your activity) then you would probably already be accounting for that much walking and need to exercise over that to get additional calories...just my thoughts!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    When you set up your MFP profile it asks about your activity level. Based on your description of your job is sounds as though you would have put "active" as your lifestyle choice (i.e. waitress, mail man). If that is the case, MFP would have set up calorie goals based on your life style. If I was in your shoes, I would only log work as a calorie burn if I did something out of the ordinary (i.e. worked a double shift, had to run back and forth more than usual, had to lift/carry/etc. more than usual).

That's just my opinion. Ultimately do what you feel is right. :smile:
  • I work on weekends only, so I set my activity level according to my home life during the week and then put in "walking slow/moderate" under exercise on the nights I work.
This discussion has been closed.