Getting back on the wagon

Options
Hello all... Just thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I stumbled upon this site yesterday, by way of the iPhone app store, and so far, I just love it. I've used other food/fitness tracking sites in the past, but so far, MFP seems much more user friendly and free of clutter.

I have battled with my weight my entire adult life. It's frustrating really, because I KNOW how to eat healthy & workout properly - I just get lazy and tent to jot stay motivated to stick to it. And truthfully, I just love good food and drink!

Last year I finally got myself together, and committed to get control of my health. I was on a very restrictive diet, and working out 4-6 times per week. I saw 33 lbs disappear, and thought I might reach my goal by the end of 2010. However, I suffered an injury (while workng out, actually) that sidelined me for three months. In those three months, I "found" 22 of thos pounds I'd previously lost.

So here I am, ready to recommit. I would like to lose about 70 lbs, but as I get closer to that goal weight, I might decide to lose more.

I'd love to make new MFP friends who either are, or have been. in my shoes, so we can help encourage each other on this (long, hard) journey.

Replies

• jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonita! Feel free to add me as a friend :) I agree that MFP is much less cluttered than other sites. I like complicated-ness in some things in life, but this is not one of them!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! This site is great. Helps wonderfully with keeping track of what you are doing so you can see where you have to tweak your diet or exercise. As long as you are completely honest and accurate in your recording its really a great tool. And the support of others is one of the best tools on here!
  • sarahgatlin
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I have been in those shoes and they never seem to be put very far away. I'm just now recovering from a week off due to sickness and it sure isn't much fun climbing back on that scale.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome! Definitely think I'll be liking it here.

Yeah, the dilligent food logging is something I need to be disciplines with; in the past, I've logged religiously for a few weeks, then I figure "Oh, I'm on track, I don't need to do this part anymore.". But what I've found is that even on days when I think I'm being 'good,' I'm really consuming more than I'm aware of. Logging makes me think twice about things (as seeing honest numbers is often sobering).