Jenny Craig?

Just wondering: anybody out there on Jenny Craig? I am considering it because I am having trouble losing weight on my own. I eat healthy foods, but I am such a constant nibbler that it makes it hard for me to keep track of everything that passes between my lips! I'm thinking that J/C will give me the portion control I need.

I did J/C years ago after the birth of my kids (ages 11 and 8 now!) to lose my baby-weight, and it worked pretty well, although I do recall having a lot of leftover food because my hubby likes to go out to eat so much. The other problem I remember is that I became a little obsessed with what & when I would eat next (probably because I was never fully satiated).

Comments? Anybody having success - or not - with Jenny?

Replies

• mzrobbie
    mzrobbie Posts: 33
    Just wondering: anybody out there on Jenny Craig? I am considering it because I am having trouble losing weight on my own. I eat healthy foods, but I am such a constant nibbler that it makes it hard for me to keep track of everything that passes between my lips! I'm thinking that J/C will give me the portion control I need.

I did J/C years ago after the birth of my kids (ages 11 and 8 now!) to lose my baby-weight, and it worked pretty well, although I do recall having a lot of leftover food because my hubby likes to go out to eat so much. The other problem I remember is that I became a little obsessed with what & when I would eat next (probably because I was never fully satiated).

Comments? Anybody having success - or not - with Jenny?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Never did Jenny Craig before.. I just find it hard to eat only 'there" foods....I do weight watchers and love it... cuz i can eat whatever i want. In any diet program its all about what your willing to do.. I am also a picker... especially with chocolate milk.... GOOD LUCK.... :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    i've heard good and bad about both Jenny and Nutrisystem....personally to me I'd try not to go that route, I need to learn how to eat on my own....hands on so to speak lol, and also lots of sodium in the foods so not good for me!

My boss is actually just starting Nutrisystem and she loves it, we're doing a little challenge, Ali is doing o'skool and she's doing NS .....we shall see the victor! lol

I wish you luck with whatever you choose!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    I have lost a lot of weight on different systems, one was the so called microdiet ( all you ate were soups and shakes) I have been on the slim fast diet ( got sick everytime I did it and gave up) the last one was e diets ... I don't have a problem loosing I have a problem sticking with it and if for any reason something doesn't work anymore or I get bored with my DIET I gain everything back and then some.
    I guess it works for a lot of people but from what I understand if you don't keep it up and go back to the same way you ate bevore you will be worse off then bevore.
    I love tracking my food and exercises here and I enjoy the message boards. It's almost an obsession to me now:noway:
    Also I think that the less processed the food the better it is for me.( personal opinion)
    Whatever you try I wish you success:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    My mother did this and lost a lot of weight, but because she wasn't counting calories like on this wonderful site, she went back to her old eating habits and gained it all back.

I think probably anything can help you get kick-started, but it would still help to use the tools here to help you transition from any portion controlled diet to normal everyday eating.
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    I've heard once you stop eating Their foods you end up gaining it all back because you haven't learned how to eat right w/out them.
  • mzrobbie
    mzrobbie Posts: 33
    What you are all saying is true . . . I'm just frustrated. I joined WW last June. It took me something like 6 months to lose 6 lbs. The leader told me that I was "thin enough" and to just declare myself "lifetime" (which I was able to do because I had maintained for the previous 2 months). Funny . . . as soon as I did that the weight creep started back again, about 1 pound a month, barely noticeable, untll I gained it all back.

I guess I'm looking for some help in the "control" department. I think I just need to have an IV drip set for 1200 calories and have my hands handcuffed behind my back 24/7. And maybe put a chain on the pantry door while we're at it, just in case I wiggle out of the handcuffs .. . . . :wink:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    My sister did Nutrisystem years ago and lost a lot of weight. She was always a heavy person and that did help. However she did gain some of the weight back. Not all but some. She yo yo’s like I have for so many years. Now she is counting calories, goes to the gym and is working on smaller portions. Counting calories and eating healthy foods is a life style. I am sure now. You will do fine.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: