zi xiu tang bee pollen

Options
A few friends started taking zi xiu tang bee pollen capsules to help lose weight. Has anyone tried these, and if so, what were results and any side effects?

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends using/taking the pills. To be quite honest, they scare me. They (my friends) are walking around, saying they are not hungry, can't eat, don't feel like eating....etc.... They are losing weight, BUT they are also losing tone, getting the sunk-in/thinning face and 1 even had some dark circles around eyes. I am not sure what they do, however by watching and looking they are not for me. They may be starving and dehydrated. I have told them that and thankfully they listen, but when not with me, I am not sure what they are doing to nurish their bodies. I enjoy the strength training too much, going to the gym, and "having fun" with my food intake. I don't want to do it the "easy" way. I want to be healthier, not just skinny.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh.. Yes. I've tried them

First of all, the capsules float. This might not be noticeable to you, but I'm used to medicine sticking on my tongue while I try to wash it down with a gulp of water. Instead, these capsules float to the top, and continue to float as you try to get them down. Rather difficult for me to swallow.

I took 2 pills the first morning as recommended. During that night, I had to wake up twice to take a #2 which was noticeably more in quantity AND extremely liquidy. That morning I had 0 appetite. NONE. I figured I should eat breakfast to get my metabolism going, but I took one bit of a piece of bread and could NOT eat any more. Just couldn't! I drank water instead, tons and tons of water. By 10am (I wake up at 5am) I had probably drank 80oz or more. I had stomach cramps and during lunchtime, I ate 3 potato chips. That was all I could force down. It was almost feeling like I was incredibly full and couldn't eat any more, even though I hadn't eaten at all that day. I drank more water and left work (2pm).
    At home, I went to the bathroom 3 more times before 9pm, all the same consistency of grossness. I made a small dinner of some meat and mashed potatoes, and could only eat about 4 spoonfulls of potato. I knew this was terrible, we need much more food than half a potato and 3 chips a day!! I went to bed for the night.

Day 2 - Only went to the bathroom 3 times the entire day, a little less liquidy but still not normal at all. I was, again, entirely unable to eat anything. I had some steamed cauliflower (which I LOVE!) and only ate 2 bites. I drank as much water as I could because it was the only thing I was able to ingest at all. The scale reported a FOUR pound difference from before I started the pills. 4 lbs in 2 days. I felt like this was really working! I was happy!

Day 3 - more normalized potty breaks, still unable to eat anything at all. I noticed my face and fingers were incredibly cold. I thought maybe I was getting ill. This was not likely as it was the middle of summer and it is rare for me to be ill outside of wintertime. I continued taking 2 pills a day (still incredibly hard to swallow). I continued to drink as much water as I could (120oz a day, likely more).

Day 4 - During the first hours at work (prior to 10am) I felt dizzy and frozen. It was summer, and I live an hour north of Mexico in Arizona. It was 100+ degrees outside. I was in my building wearing a hoodie over my sweatshirt, and still freezing cold. I still couldn't eat. Something was terribly wrong. As I drove home, I noticed the little bulge of my belly (under the belly button) had decreased significantly! The scale reported 12 lbs lost since before taking the pills.

There was no Day 5. As much as I thought "I can continue and at some point stuff will level out and I will feel ok!" I couldn't force myself to do it. I could not handle the freezing and the inability to eat ANYTHING. I seriously felt like if I continued I would end up in the hospital. I followed all directions to the best of my ability.

Within 2 days of stopping the pills, I had regained heat in my face and fingers, and was considerably less dizzy. I was still having a little trouble eating as much as I needed to, but that normalized within a week afterwards.

I am not certain what caused me to have such a terrible reaction to these pills. My boyfriend took them (1 the first day, he was wary of them from the start) and was unable to leave the bathroom for more than 20 minutes at a time. He too lost 5-8lbs within 2 days, but stopped taking them as they interrupted his sleep (constant potty breaks) and stopped his appetite completely.

The pills did what they advertised. They lowered my appetite, and helped me lose weight. The cons outweighed the pros for me on this one. If you have the pills, I don't think trying them would be terrible. But if you have a reaction like I did, please take care of yourself and stop the pills before it gets too bad. I did regain about 9 of the 12 lbs I lost in the next 2 weeks, and the little belly pouch returned. I figure it is an intestinal weight gain of some sort since these pills focused so much on doing #2 to lose weight.