What goes in your morning cup of coffee??

Options
124»

Replies

• 2beT
    2beT Posts: 3
    Options
    I typically use French Vanilla or cinnamon bun flavor creamer. Due to health reasons I have been searching for an alternative. After reviewing the responses, I just might start back drinking it black or leaving it along all together.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I use about 2 Tbsp of vanilla soy milk in a 15oz mug - I used to take sweetener but I've found the vanilla soy is really sweet enough. And now I can drink it with just regular ol' milk as well, if need be. Just a matter of weening yourself off the sugar, to be honest. It sucks at first but you'll get used to it, and in a few weeks coffee w/ sugar will taste exceptionally sweet!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    I got used to drinking coffee black when I worked at a summer camp and the entire purpose of coffee was for caffeine. No time for sugar or milk. Just throw it back while you're trying to eat breakfast at a table full of ten 11 year old girls. What a great job. haha. I really learned to like it though and really dislike sugar in my coffee now. Except in a non fat mocha from Starbucks. mmmmmmm!
  • Surfergurl29
    Options
    regular sugar....yum
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not much help here, I just require adequate amounts of caffeine in my cup of coffee!

I used to use whole milk and sugar...then switched to 2%, no sugar...then skim...now black. and now it's just the blacker the better for me!! i've actually learned to enjoy coffee for the taste of coffee...sorry, i'm no help, but MAN! i LOVE coffee!! :)
  • Kiyy
    Kiyy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to make your own flavored creamer? It will require work but...

Try mixing: low fat milk, vanilla, and sugar of your choice. Just experiment with the ingredients till your satisfied with something you like.
    For example: if you don't mind the fat try cream or half and half. If you like Stevia or honey try those. This way you get to control how much sugar and fat that you use.

I was hooked on the sweet creamer stuff so I quit it all and drank it black for awhile. Just to get my taste buds in check.

Hope this helps.