Cheat Days

Options
2»

Replies

• Shamrock40
    Options
    Basically, I have had a "cheat" meal twice now, having been on almost 3 weeks. (Although I think I like the idea of calling it a "treat" meal better.) I have conitinued to lose , so I think it must not be a bad thing. I still managed to stay within my calorie range for the day, just either exercised or tried to plan my calories so I could indulge at dinnertime or whenever. As a rule, though, I try to work some of my favorite treats into my daily meal plans. I eat popcorn nearly every night. If I want something sweet and sugar-free jello isn't cutting it, then I'll pop a mint hershey's kiss. Now, I know myself well enough to not keep miniture Reese's cups around the house because I wouldn't just eat one for a sweet treat. I'd be into my 7th or 8th one before I thought, "hmmm, maybe that was a few too many."

So far though, I think I have been far too stingy with my calories to want to go overboard. What was it the other poster said? The longer I eat healthy, the less crazy I get? I agree! The other day I was craving a coke, so my husband got a fountain soda for me from McDonald's. I took a couple of sips before I logged it into my diary - Man! What a shocker! I ended up throwing more than half down the sink. I just didn't want to waste my calories!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of Hershey's dark chocolate kisses that I keep on the fireplace mantle across the room. Usually after working all day, I get comfy in my chair later at night when I usually crave. Soooo...if I want it bad enough...well I know, it's not like I have to go upstairs to get it. Although that's not a bad idea. I haven't had one in several days. Just the first day I bought them. They are only 20 calories and hey, they have antioxidants. One will usually satisfy me.