When you had set your goals did you...?

Options
Did you go with the recommended amt of weight to lose per week ( the 1 Ib)? I don't know if I should do what's recommended or if I should just do what I want (the fast way to lose weight)... Suggestions...

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I started with a 2 pound per week goal, but, as I've lost weight, have adjusted to 1 per week.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    When I set myself up (again ... this is my LAST time losing weight) I chose to go with the 1- 1 1/2 lb loss per week because I know that a slow loss is going to stay lost! And my thinking is this way I will have the extra calories so thaI won't be feeling deprived. And because I am working on changing my lifestyle not just going on a diet and by December I should have lost my goal of approx 60 lbs.
    Good luck, don't deprive yourself. Enjoy the journey, the destination where you want to live, just not vacation at for a week or two!
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think that depends on how much you have to loose! I have to loose A lot so I have a goal of 2 lbs per week. With only 32 lbs to loose that will be too much for you I think! You want to be healthy and not just thin!
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    I set mine for the 2 lbs a week and it worked really well for me. Some weeks I lost more than 2 and other weeks I didn't lose any. Best of luck to you!
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Initially, I started with 2lbs but I found that amount of calories cut at once was sending me into starvation mode. So I am currently losing the 1.5 amount and I am actually losing the inches faster. I agree it depends on how much you have to lose and also how many calories you were consuming on average before you decided to stick to the number. If you want to lose weight effectively I think it is best to listen to your body. On the Biggest Loser the trainers swear up and down there is no magic number to how much you can safely lose in a week if you are eating right and working out. I guess it just matter what you can commit to. :happy: