Just blowing off frustrations out loud

Options
I was doing wonderful a couple of months ago. I wasn't losing much weight, however, i could really start telling a difference in the way my clothes fit me. I had sooo much energy and I was always in a great mood! However, with me starting up school again things changed.

I am doubling majoring in pre-med and public health. I have a hefty course-load this semester (18 credits) and with classes and studying outside class time. It is leaving me mentally drained!
I am also studying for the GRE and I NEED to find a physical therapist to shadow a few hours a week to get in my observation time before grad school.
I also work 30 hours a week at a job I hate!
My mother has terminal cancer and every night I try to drive to her house and help take care of her. I probably spend 3 hours with her 4 times a week, this is leaving me exhausted and physical drained!

I am just blowing off steam out loud :explode: Please no negative comments, this is just making me feel better

I have no time for working out and I really don't have time to cook healthy meals. Not to mention "health food" is ALOT more expensive than convenience foods. How am I supposed to do it all?!? I can't be everything to everyone and sleeping 4 hours a night is eventually going to have me having a panic attack. Anyone going through all this stress too?

Replies

• Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Though I dont have as much stress as you, I do have a stressful job, home life, etc. Even though I have to MAKE myself get up and go, church makes me feel better about it all.

Hang in there. And make some time for you. You matter too!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yep, life gets rough sometimes :/ Deep breath in, and out... slow down when you can, even if it's just for a minute, and keep pressing forward. I don't know you, but I will say a prayer for you and your mother :) God bless!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Aww you poor girl. Stress can suck at times. Im very sorry your mother has terminal cancer and you and your family have to deal with that. I would try my best to do what I could to be healthy for my sake as well as my families. If you can't find time to work out or eat a perfect meal, try to catch it later. This seems to be a pivotal time in your life. I hope you get all that you deserve. Lord knows you are working hard to get it. That is one toughy. I wish I could be more helpful but I can't be. Best of luck to you and your family! :flowerforyou:
  • lrmwiggins
    Options
    Wow! That is a lot of stressful stuff going on. I have my share of stress and I hear what you are saying. I have a hard time with finding time to work out like I should too. My thoughts are for you to just worry about how much you eat, not so much what you are eating. Stick to portion control, at least you can control that. Sounds like your schedule controls what and when you eat. I am sorry about the situation with your mom, I know that is the toughest part. I will be praying for you and her. Hope this has been even a little bit helpful.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for balance and endurance in your life.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Awwwww, honey....I'm so sorry about your mom :(

It's so hard to do all your doing, school AND work, and to have that added to your plate. Being so busy with everything, burning the candle at both ends, it's easy to forget to take care of yourself.

At the end of your day, before you fall into bed, take a moment to do something to nuture yourself....maybe 20 minutes for a nice hot bath? During this time, do not allow yourself to think, just allow yourself to feel...to relax or have a good cry if you need to.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    Sometimes all we can do is just take it one day at a time, not the easiest thing to do, but when I am pushed to the max and I start thinking about things that are going to happen or how much stuff I have to get done and it doubles the stress already mounted on my shoulders.
    Wake up each day and realize that you only get to live this day once. Life is tough sometimes, but it strengthens us. God has plans for all our moments not just the easy ones or the good ones, but every moment we live. It will get easier if you let yourself embrace the life that you are living now. Hugs and prayers for you and your Mom.
    ps...everyone needs an outlet don't feel like you have to apologize
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I'm so sorry! You've got a LOT going on right now. I'm with lrmwiggins - just try to work on portion control and don't worry so much about the rest right now. My mom had terminal cancer and it is one the most stressful things you can possibly go through. You're trying to live your life and get through the stuff you have to, and trying to help out at home. I remember very well what that's like. And I'm so sorry you're going through it, too. Remember this: You can only do what you can do, and sometimes you just have to learn to give yourself a break. I don't know you, but my family is thinking of yours during this time. Hang in there.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Is there anything you could do while you are with your mother? I am thinking maybe a yoga DVD or zumba DVD. (she may even get a kick out of watching yo do it) Something along those lines! If you can get it in while you are with her that would not be taking any more time out of your crazy schedule. I really, really think if you can get something in, like yoga or zumba, that it will be something to help relieve some of the stress and maybe help clear your mind some. Not a good situation and you are right, you are going to just end up totally exhausted.
  • dmfear
    dmfear Posts: 24
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I was afraid I would get mean comments about complaining about everything and being negative! Everyone advice and encouraging words are REALLY making me feel better :flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    ((((((hugs))))))
    1. you can cook almost anything in a crockpot, beans and lentels are cheap and easy~ chicken, fish, lean beef, and pork.
    2. frozen veggies are cheap and easy (cut, chopped, mixes).
    3. fruit in bulk is cheaper than individual~one piece of fruit and an ounce of nuts=healthy snack.
    4. look for specials on store flyers (bogos, 10 for 10, ect).
    5. look for an ALDI in your area~cheap and good.
    6. Walmart often has sales on meat (beef, pork, and chicken) once a week.

But most of all, take care of you~like they say during the beginning of a air flight: if the oxygen masks come down, put yours on first, then your child. You HAVE to take care of you first before you can take care of others.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • foreverfl
    foreverfl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about you and your family. I can only imagine the load that your required to carry. Even though things may seem bad just remember theres always light ay the end of the tunnel. Also, keep in mind that you first have to take care of yourself before you can be a help to anyone else. As hard as it may seem you have to have some "me time." Take a few minutes daily to just relax and restore your mind, body, and soul.

I know its hard but I wish you and your family the best.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I love you.