Sex and Calories Burned

jennicel
jennicel Posts: 7
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hope this isn't too risque...but did a search of the exercise database and didn't find anything for sex and calories burned doing it. My husband did a search and told me that 1 hour of sex equals 300 burned calories. This might be a little optimistic endeavor for most people, but hey! even 15 min would be good. Thought I would just throw that out there....LOL

Replies

• swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    haha, I was wondering this as well, I'm happy you posted it!
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    roflmbo, wear a hrm and when your done look to see how many calories you burned......
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    roflmbo, wear a hrm and when your done look to see how many calories you burned......

hahaha! great idea! I don't see my partner for another month and a half. So, someone else, enjoy the "research"!
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    wow this is the funny post i have read so far and oddly the one i like the most. Humm sounds like a good plan if you can't make it to the gym. OH and ladies next time your guy asks you to .. well.. you know.. he is just looking out for your health :)
  • sec820
    sec820 Posts: 40

Oh... the lingerie of a calorie counter!!
  • Here's a calculator with quite a few different activities and that one happen to be one of them. Enter your weight and the time and it will estimate it.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    I wondered this too! I realize it's probably very different for every couple/individual...but it's got to be my favorite way to burn calories! LOL ;-)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member

LMAO!!
  • HAHA Exactly! I was over my calories today due to my daughter's bday party, so my husband was trying to be helpful and find ways to help me burn some extra calories. This is his "solution".
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    What a nice guy he is just tring to look out for you.. good support there :)
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    I bought an HRM and this was the very first thing my wife said when I showed her the calorie counter function - "You should totally wear that when we have sex!"

I will report back with my findings.
  • HAHA Oh please do! I don't have an HRM so I can't confirm my husband's "research".
  • Here's a calculator with quite a few different activities and that one happen to be one of them. Enter your weight and the time and it will estimate it.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
    That's great! I was wondering if it was going to be like "Sex, vigorous effort," etc. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.