They want to know how I get my skin so smooth and clear!

Options
This is a question that I get asked quite often, “Lisa, Your Face Is So Smooth, What Do You Use?”

My answer is really quite simple….

RAW COCONUT OIL or COLD PRESSED EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.

These are my 2 magic oils that keep my skin glowing…..from head to toe.

Using face creams that contain chemicals in it that you CAN NOT eat is simply not good for your skin. Your skin is a LIVING ORGANISM. And I know it’s hard for us to think of our skin as an ORGAN, but that is exactly what it is. It’s not JUST our heart, liver, kidneys – those are obviously organs. But, SKIN is very well a living organ too…

Here is the definition of ORGAN:

Organ – a) differentiated structure (as a heart, kidney, leaf, or stem) consisting of cells and tissues and performing some specific function in an organism b) bodily parts performing a function or cooperating in an activity.

So, why feed your SKIN what you would not feed your INTERNAL ORGANS? Would you eat those facial creams that you buy at a store? OF COURSE NOT!!! So, why put it on your face?

Most of the creams and lotions that are sold in the stores are predominantly made out of water and their moisture is quickly absorbed into dry, wrinkled skin. Your tissues expand as the water enters your skin…kind of like filling a balloon with water, so that wrinkles fade away and the skin feels smoother. But this is only temporary. As soon as the water evaporates or is carried away by the blood stream, the dry, wrinkled skin returns. Besides the water, most lotions have an oil of some type. This oil is almost always a highly refined vegetable oil devoid of all natural protective antioxidants. One product in our food supply and in body care products that leads to a great deal of free radicals is oxidized vegetable oils.

Coconut Oil and Olive Oil are perfect for your skin, especially if your skin is dry. If your skin is oily to begin with, just don’t use so much. Use it sparingly and blot your face with a dry paper towel to remove the access oil.

Coconut oil skin care is chemical-free and loaded with rejuvenating medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) or medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA). It is nature’s most abundant source of antimicrobial MCFAs. Think of MCFAs as bodyguards of your skin.

Olive Oil contains powerful antioxidant that can help retain the beauty of your skin, help heal skin diseases, and make your skin tighter and firmer. Use only olive oil that is labeled COLD PRESSED “Extra Virgin”. This guarantees that the oil has been cold pressed from freshly harvested olives and does not contain chemicals.

I hope this article was helpful for you.

Make it a SUPER FABULOUS DAY!

CoachLisaTorres (dot)com

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I have been using Coconut Oil for 6 years for cleansing, moisturizing my skin for my face and body. I also use it for shaving cream and hair conditioner when I need it.

I use it to cook with and bake with also..........

Coconut oil and Olive Oil are good for the body inside and out!!!!

A woo hoo for me, A few guys at work thought I was still in my 20's and I am in my late 30's!!!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I find this interesting and I've often thought of this. However, my skin is combination and very acne-prone. If I've ever used a product that contains oil, it usually exacerbates the problem. Also, How do you cleanse your skin in this way?
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've been using olive oil on my skin for years! I never break out and my skin is always soft and smooth. I'm mistaken for being 18 or 19 quite often...I'll be 26 in 2 days, lol.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I sooooo agree! I use grapeseed oil.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Where do you get raw coconut oil?
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I heard that coconut oil was good for your skin on Dr. Oz so I wanted to try it. Do you mix the two of them together?
  • Texasgirl05
    Options
    Do you just add the olive oil to skin an leave it. Or do you add it with something else
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    bump
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Do you just add the olive oil to skin an leave it. Or do you add it with something else

I put it straight on my skin. I also make salt scrubs for in the bath.
    1 cup Dead Sea salts
    1 cup olive oil
    5 drops of essential oil of your choice (I use 2 drops of frankinsence and 2 of cinnamon and 1 of clary sage)
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Thanks for the info! :)
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Also, makeup is a big factor. I use Neutragena Healthy Skin line. They have tinted moisturizer, liquid foundation, powder, blushes, eye makeup and even mascara! All their products have SPF and moisture built in and it is a great makeup to use!!! All their cleansers do great without making my face dry!!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I put it straight on my skin. I also make salt scrubs for in the bath.
    1 cup Dead Sea salts
    1 cup olive oil
    5 drops of essential oil of your choice (I use 2 drops of frankinsence and 2 of cinnamon and 1 of clary sage)

My mom made some of this for Christmas and gave it as gifts to the family. It was AWESOME! My hands felt wonderful after using it.

I've never thought about using the coconut or olive oil on my face. It take coconut oil orally and my skin has improved dramatically. I have used coconut oil on my hands and arms if my skin is dry or I have an eczema outbreak. It helps better than any prescription cream I've used in the past.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Also, makeup is a big factor. I use Neutragena Healthy Skin line. They have tinted moisturizer, liquid foundation, powder, blushes, eye makeup and even mascara! All their products have SPF and moisture built in and it is a great makeup to use!!! All their cleansers do great without making my face dry!!

I used to use mineral make up and someone on another website I belong to suggested Holistic Cosmetics.

So, I tried them out and switched over. I now use all natural cosmetics made from essential oils and the tint comes from vegetables and fruit.

I will send anyone the link if they are interested.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Britt is right on the money about spf. I wear Aveeno 70 every day all year round all over my body (I wish it was vegan). I shell out about $80 a year in sunscreen, but an ounce of prevention is worth the effort. It's also a good thing that I'm Goth...I love being pasty pale. My make-up is by Urban Decay...it's the only brand I'll use as it's vegan. I do not use any types of powders or concealer usually. Just eye and lip make-up.