Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin?

Options
Does anyone have any info on the nutrional facts on a bottle of Gnarly Head Old Vine Zinfandel?

I'm going to blow my diet tonight at a wine and cheese party and would like to know just how bad?

Thanks!

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No clue on how bad but I very much enjoy that bottle, so at least you've made a good selection (in my book anyway, lol!). Knowing it's worth it makes it better :)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I would like to believe if wine and cheese are eaten together at a gathering intended for such activities the calories do not compound but negate each other and thus you are free and clear to eat drink and be merry! :bigsmile:

Edited to add I :heart: Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Well there's 4 glasses of wine per bottle. I have always put 120 calories per glass of wine. Sooooo if you consumed an entire bottle, I would say anywhere from 480-500 calories.

Have fun!! Zin is my favorite type of wine!! :flowerforyou:
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    hiii thanks LOL @msbananas!!! hahahaha

yeah i have no idea how many glasses i will have but its my bottle and i'll drink if i want to! :p hah
  • littlemoron
    littlemoron Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Apparently a 3.5 oz glass of red zinfandel is around 78 calories.

I blew my diet yesterday with beer, and it was worth every damn pint :drinker:

Have fun!

littlemoron
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I just put red wine in the food tracker thing and it say's a bottle of red zin is 660 for the bottle. Hope that helps!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My husband says there's an average of 500 calories per bottle of red wine and about 550 per bottle of white. Oh, and there's about six glasses per bottle.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Oh, and there's about six glasses per bottle.

Hummmm why did I always think there was 4 glasses?? :blushing: :laugh: (guess we pour with a heavy hand over here at my house)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Umm...ouR gynormous bulb of wine glasses hold half of a bottle of wine. We tried it. Several times. So you mean I can't count "that" glass of wine as 160 cals anymore if there are 4-6 glasses per bottle?? Damn it!!! Lol!

Gnarly head is good stuff!! I always buy it for cooking.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hummmm why did I always think there was 4 glasses?? :blushing: :laugh: (guess we pour with a heavy hand over here at my house)

This house too!! LOL
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Umm...ouR gynormous bulb of wine glasses hold half of a bottle of wine. We tried it. Several times. So you mean I can't count "that" glass of wine as 160 cals anymore if there are 4-6 glasses per bottle?? Damn it!!! Lol!

If it fits in one glass it's just ONE glass of wine... totally only 160 cals. :bigsmile:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i picked up a bottle of this. it's pretty decent.