Bodybugg?

Options
Ok I have the bodybugg was wondering what everyone else thinks out of it. I kind of like it but the food thing kind of gets on my nerves wish I could find my polar strap lol. Anyone know how much the strap costs?

Replies

• stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    It takes some getting used to. I used the body bugg before I started with this website. Logging on to two websites may prove to be a bit much.

I believe the counter is accurate and it's a great product!
  • imacrafty
    Options
    Used the Bodybugg for a year (starting Thanksgiving day - 2010!). You should be able to get another strap from 24hr fitness - they were having some on sale - picked up a pink one for $7.

I'm not a big fan of their website (no search capability) and that you have to hook up the device to the computer to upload the results. (I also have the digital display).

Started using the Fitbit - does the same thing for a lot less $99 and no subscription (although I did renew my BB subscription cuz the Fitbit was on back order). The Fitbit is tiny and I just wear it on my bra strap - so I don't get people asking me what is that on your arm - or the tan line because I wore it while golfing. Fitbit also tracks your sleep and to upload it - you just need to be near your computer - and it uploads (you don't have to pay for an optional upload device) and the basic subscription is free.

Both devices do a GREAT job at letting you know what your steps are and calories burned - knowledge is power! :) I'm using these devices to help me with maintenance. I just wanted to let others know about the Fitbit in case you are reading this thread to decide which device to buy.
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used the Bodybugg for a year, I think it's a great product. I stopped wearing it because after a year, I'd gotten very familiar with estimating how many calories I burned throughout the day, so I really only needed a place to log my food and activity, and I can do that here at MFP for free! (There's a monthly subscription fee w/ Bodybugg.) I'm glad I did it for that year, though, it was a worthwhile learning experience. From what I remember, logging the food at the Bodybugg website was as easy as MFP. It would be a pain to log it at both places though.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ok I have the bodybugg was wondering what everyone else thinks out of it. I kind of like it but the food thing kind of gets on my nerves wish I could find my polar strap lol. Anyone know how much the strap costs?

As a Bodybugg user, I think their food database is a pain in the butt. So, what I do is just log all of my food on MFP and at the end of the day, enter my entire day's food (along with fats, carbs, proteins, etc.) as "Calories 1/24" into the MFP site. MUCH easier than hunting around on their site for foods or always adding things.

For the polar HRM, go to the Polar website (I'm assuming you're not talking about a replacement armband for your Bodybugg, right?). I'm sure you could pick one up there...no idea how much it would cost, but I'm guessing that since the sensors are in that part of the HRM, that may be the pricier element (though I could be very wrong).
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In regards to the Fitbit, do you feel like it's as accurate as the Bodybugg?