Insanity workout

Jess21684
Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tryed the Insanity workout?! by Shawn T I think it is. I always see this on infomercials and have been wanting to give it a try! it looks challenging and I need to be more challenged again with my workouts!

Replies

• I love it! I'm currently in month 2 and its wonderful! You can see some pics on my profile too.
  • cmj516
    cmj516 Posts: 9
    We have it. It is crazy lol. I don't nearly do it every day (6 days a week) like the plan is, but on days I do it I feel so good about myself. My husband and I drip sweat during the warm up, if that's any kind of indicator lol. And we're in decent shape. We did P90X before, and while there's no specific weight-lifting you use your own body as resistance. I think of it as cardio hell.... Get it!
  • No I have not tried it yet. I'm still with Jullian Michaels, level 1. I put P90 on hold. I'm looking at starting Zumba. Just to give my daily workout a little spice.
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    I have used the Insanity workout and it indeed is INSANE!!! You get a complete total body workout and you sweat like crazy! Between P90X and Insanity, I prefer Shawn T because how high energy and motivating he is. I love the challenges and results. I'm bad about not sticking to it though (any exercise program for that matter) so Consistency is key! That's a life long goal of mine.
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    A friend lent it to me and I LOVE it, so much that I am going to purchase my own because I really don't want to give it back! It is definitelly challenging and at times insane but if that is what you ar elooking for then I would definitely recommend it. I usually find workout DVDs to be boring and a bit bland and this is the first one that has actually held my interest. Shaun T is great at keeping you motivated through the workout and the time just goes by before you realize it. I wold love to have a buddy to keep me on track with the schedule a little better though so if anyone is interested in keeping eachother on track feel free to friend me! I have seen groups for the P90X but can't find one for INSANITY. Maybe we could start one here!
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    wow okay now I really wanna go ahead and get it!! do you guys have the whole dvd set you use? its kinda spendy isnt it? Ill hafta get it when i get my taxes back :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I have done Insanity a couple of times. The first time that I did it, I did all the workouts on the days that I was supposed to without skipping...and I lost 10 pounds in the first month alone. My tummy was getting flatter each and every day. It was great!

It is expensive, but then again, as opposed to something like Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, this is a whole series of workouts not just 1 or 2 DVDs. It comes with nutrition guides and recipes as well as a poster and fitness guide. I also received a tape measure and body fat calipers, too. It comes in a large case that holds it all. Even though it can be pricey, it is well worth it for all that you get!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    My husband and I did P90X before. He loved it, I liked it, but needed more cardio. I heard about insanity and have been DYING to try it! But I think I have to prove to my husband that I'm going to actually stick to this, this time before I can buy more fitness stuff.

I used to hate the cardio DVD in P90X because it was so slow, I didn't even feel like I was doing anything and I really needed a good cardio workout.

I'm going to have to work hard so I can buy insanity!
This discussion has been closed.