hello

Options
hi my names deb and im 41 years old i joined this site aweek ago and i think its great if anyone would like to add me as a friend please feel free to do so my starting weight was 205 lbs (cant believe i got to this) anyway time to start doing something about it my long term aim is to getto between 135 to 140 pounds. i started walking every other day and am currently on a jogging programme this is my fifth week and i can jog for eight minutes now without stopping quite unbelievable considering i havent exercised since school and even that was an effort my aim is to complete a 5k run hopefully in a few months time. goood luck to everyone we can do it :happy:

Replies

• kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb and welcome to MFP you have made the right choice this is a fantastic website with a very supportive community, I know exactly where you are coming from weight kind of creeps up on you, well done on your jogging thats great!
    I am sure you will find all the support you need here.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It's great here. 8 mins jog is brilliant. Well done on that. :smile:
  • diablohoney
    Options
    Hi Deb! Welcome to MFP, it's a wonderful site and there are some really nice ppl.

Lisa x
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A friend of my from high school turned me to myfitnesspal and I can't thank them enough. It's been the best tool ever. At first I just used it for the calorie counter & exercise log but then I realized there are a lot of great people out there. The blogs & message boards are a big help to me - just a reminder that I'm not alone,

Have a great week!
    Teri :smile: