man, i suck at cardio!

311Phil
311Phil Posts: 397
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Went to the gym for the first time today. I was dying on an elliptical after 5 minutes, but i pushed myself for 10, then went and rode a stationary bike.

the awesomet thing, is i went and worked out!

Replies

• Congratulations! I've just signed up for the gym which opens start of March. Getting prepped by walking everywhere I can. Five miles a day is helping but my shins sometimes hurt so much and I'm dreading going back and keeling over on the cross trainer or some other similar machine.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Last year when I was working out (one of my many failed attempts) I started on the elliptical and I could seriously only do like 5 minutes and I thought I was going to die. After that it went to 10, 15, 20, etc...5 minute incriments ever 2-3 days. Eventually I was able to spend 30 minutes or more on there! Just like everything, it has to be in small baby steps to get us where we need to go. Crawl, walk, run. :)
  • 311Phil
    yeah, it was a great work out! I feel great right now. more energy than i've had this early in a LONG time....typically im still 1/2 asleep! LOL. I worked out for about an hour this morning....gonna try and keep this up for the next 2 weeks (my free gym trial) then i want to join a different gym that is cheaper and has about the same equipment and is open 24/7
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    We were checking out a couple of gyms this weekend. I am sure I'll struggle at first, but I look forward to it none the less.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Yep im signing up today for the gym. It will be my very first time ever in a gym.
    Im sure the first couple of days will be hard to get use to but im excited to see how my body will be a month from now.
    You can do it. I use to hate the elliptical too, I had one at home and probably used it 4 times. I actually got rid of it before starting MFP and im regretting it. But I could only go 5 minutes too.
    The awesome thing is...you wanted to quit after 5 minutes and you pushed through it! Great Job :happy: :drinker:
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    It does take time but if you keep at it, its really rewarding! I was the same way a few years ago. When I first started running I couldn't even do a mile and I HATED every second of it. Now, I run sometimes an hour and a half to two hours and I love it! It took time and dedication and hard work but it was worth it! You can do it, just stick to it and stay strong and you'll make yourself proud! =)
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    awesome job on pushing through. that is the 1st step. keep up the good work and you will meet your goals!!!!
  • 311Phil
    definitely. I'd like to lose 50 pounds by august, or possibly more....

Just looking to "lose the gut" and get myself in better physical form before we have kids (which will be happening pretty soon, we are talking about it more regularly now)
This discussion has been closed.