So, there I was...

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
I'd just finished a punishing 2 mile run... I'd pushed my body to the limits- my calves were burning, I was covered in sweat, and I'd long since reached the "dear God, please shower NOW" funk threshold-

My shower was at optimum post-jog temperature, and the pre-shower mirror check complete with stomach-sucking had been taken care of- I was ready to get my clean on.

I stepped under the water, and relaxed for a few minutes under the water-

I'd lathered, rinsed, and was just about to repeat, (the if necessary part really WAS necessary after MY workout..) when my eyes opened in a fit of pure enjoyment, and came to rest on a

big..

hairy...

'PIDER!!!!

I promptly screamed, jumped back, and stubbed my big toe, in that order...

:grumble:

Once I learn how to adequately waterproof a rolled up newspaper, the 'piders that dare to invade my showertime are TOAST.

Replies

• Manda86
    Options
    I'd just finished a punishing 2 mile run... I'd pushed my body to the limits- my calves were burning, I was covered in sweat, and I'd long since reached the "dear God, please shower NOW" funk threshold-

My shower was at optimum post-jog temperature, and the pre-shower mirror check complete with stomach-sucking had been taken care of- I was ready to get my clean on.

I stepped under the water, and relaxed for a few minutes under the water-

I'd lathered, rinsed, and was just about to repeat, (the if necessary part really WAS necessary after MY workout..) when my eyes opened in a fit of pure enjoyment, and came to rest on a

big..

hairy...

'PIDER!!!!

I promptly screamed, jumped back, and stubbed my big toe, in that order...

:grumble:

Once I learn how to adequately waterproof a rolled up newspaper, the 'piders that dare to invade my showertime are TOAST.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Bah!!!! RUN!! Nothing will run a day faster. I woulda squooshed him w/ the shampoo bottle.. if I had the nerves to get close enough to him to kill him! =)
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Charollete doesn't appreciate such talk! Hey spiders have to clean up too, maybe she had a date, its tough on a ingle mom of 56 to get out! Better luck with your stubbed toe! P.S. they don't eat much, obviously just toes!:laugh:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Charollete doesn't appreciate such talk! Hey spiders have to clean up too, maybe she had a date, its tough on a ingle mom of 56 to get out! Better luck with your stubbed toe! P.S. they don't eat much, obviously just toes!:laugh:

it hurted...

:cry:

I'm sleeping with one eye open tonight, in case it comes back for the other nine...
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I better accompany you to future shower times just in case. I have a magazine that has assisted many 'piders to a much brighter future outdoors.
  • Manda86
    Options
    I better accompany you to future shower times just in case. I have a magazine that has assisted many 'piders to a much brighter future outdoors.

my hero!!! *swoooooon*
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    i HATE spiders!!! This weekend I was outside at dusk and was putting my toddler down in the grass - I saw a toad right where I was going to set him and so I was going to grab it and let him see it ... It moved and so I looked closer and.... it was a GIANT spider! It was bigger than the loop my thumb and 1st finger make!! I think it was a brown recluse (we live in TN). I am just glad that 1) I did not grab it or we would have had a MAJOR meltdown 2) I did not set my son on it to get bitten! (NASTY bites from recluses!) 3) My husband was right there to kill it! (he is mean and will only kill the poisionous ones. He makes me kill the other ones because he says "it's good for me.") I also fear it's million little spidy siblings...
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I will just say......YUCK! I cannot stand anything small, tiny, with that many legs that can move that fast.

BUT, I appreciate their usefullness to get rid of other bugs.

SIGH! What to do, what to do!!

Trust me.....a 'Pider won't mean anything to you, once you've seen a House Centipede. I tried to google it to put a photo here, but even starting to do that creeped me out!! You can do it yourself! :laugh: :laugh:

AND, House Centipedes WILL eat the spiders......:devil: :devil: They are THAT nasty and evil. They look like something out of Aliens!! Like the mama Aliens fleas or something.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that merely reading the words "house centipede" creeped me out so badly I almost spit out my coffee.

Thank you.
    That is all.