hopefully a non scale victory.

Options
If everyone could be kind enough to keep their fingers crossed for me in the next week or so it'd be really appreciated.

I will consider it a HUGE non scale victory if I can continue to behave this week after some fairly bad news. I tend to be a stress eater and in the middle of the night lastnight my family and I got a bit of a shock. My mother is 52 and the eldest of four children, her side of the family is very health consious. Her 2nd to youngest sibling, my aunt Karen, is an absolute health food nut and a chiropractor in California. It turns out that she had a stroke??! Anyway. Everyone else lives in Arizona, Virginia, and Maryland so we kept trying to get in touch with the hospital to get further details and they couldnt tell us anything.

The last thing that we heard from my younger cousin (her daughter) Sierra(20), is that Karen couldnt even finish sentences or remember what she'd been talking about and that she cant figure out how to eat.

If everyone could keep the family in their thoughts it would be really nice and here is hoping that I dont use it as a subconcious excuse to go back to my old habits and be generally unheathy.

Replies

• scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Praying for a quick recovery and that she is well!
  • wendiwen123
    wendiwen123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Doing lots of praying. Stress exercise instead of stress eat. I know it's easier said than done, but exercising will actually make you feel better! Praying for a good turnout!
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Good luck!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thinking of you and your family in this very stressful time....
    keep the faith and stay the course....being healthy is a gift you need to give yourself and your family, especially now....
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have to deal with such horrible news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts! Just take things slow. I don't think now is the time to focus on your eating habits, but more on yours and your family's emotional welfare. Keep your chin up! Everything has a way of turning around. :smile:
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    take care do your best and remember we are not in charge of everything somethings are just gods business trust in that
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I will keep your entire family in my prayers.

You can already count this as a NSV, instead of reaching for some comfort food you reached out to MFP for support.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I hope she recovers quickly (and fully!)....Let me know if there is anything I can do.

PS: I love that I now find out about your life from this, lol. Just wish I was finding out better news :(
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I will consider it a HUGE non scale victory if I can continue to behave this week after some fairly bad news. I tend to be a stress eater and in the middle of the night lastnight my family and I got a bit of a shock.

Well, I consider it a huge NSV already. You can objectively identify what causes you to overeat and hopefully be able to take steps to minimise the affect that stress eating has on your success. Damn, I am 36 years old and sometimes I get perplexed by the things I do on a subconcious level. Being able to analyse your life and situation dispassionately and rationally is a major step in taking control over it and succeeding in the long term.

Just don't be too hard on yourself. Stressful situations are difficult to deal with and if your diet and nutrition isn't perfect over the next few days then don't beat yourself up over it. Just get straight back on the horse. CONSISTENCY is the name of the game when it comes to fat loss. Very, very few people follow the plan perfectly without any slip ups. Bear that in mind and you will stay looking like Belle for a long time to come...

Fingers crossed for you and your family.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I will keep your family and in my prayers as well. :smile: But I do want you to see the growth in you, the old you would have toss out new eating changes and eat maybe everything in sight, but you not going to do this time after something stressful fhas hit you. For food will not change it what has happen!. Keep your head up, God will turn it around for His good.
    Barb
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your Aunt! Praying for her and your family!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    wow everyone! thank you so much for your kind words.
    this website and the people on it really are amazing!