What is that there contraption...?

Options
Ok MFP Family...Question...If anyone has watched the biggest loser once in the last decade...you have noticed the contestants wear an arm band...on their...Arm..
I know it tells them how many calories they have burned at any given time, but

WHAT IS THAT THING?

Is it a Heart Rate Monitor? A Calories Burned Counter? What is the name of this device so I can search for and purchase one?

And if anyone doesn't know the name...What kind of device can I get that I can wear daily (preferably inconspicuous) that will tell me how many calories I have burned throughout my entire day?

Thank you!

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    its called a bodybugg :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I believe it's called "the body bug" . I've never worn one. I think there is a subscription fee to it. You log your meals into the internet, it keeps track of your calories burned, then tells you how much of a deficit you are in. I don't know much more about them.
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    it is called a Body Bug. Here is the website about it.

http://www.bodybugg.com/
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It's a bodybugg. It counts calories burned throughout the day, as you wear it all the time. :smile:
  • Peridotite
    Options
    Hi, I haven't actually watch the show but my officemate tells me it is something called a Body Bug. if you google it you should be able to find the website. From what I understand it is basically a uber fancy HRM and you have to pay to get the result using their online set-up.

Hope that helps
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yep, there's is called a body bugg. I have a Bodymedia-relatively the same thing, but I don't know the price difference. Mine also counts steps taken, hours slept, etc. It's nice. You can search mine at bodymedia.com
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It's a bodybugg yes :) you can get them to go on your arm like on the show but they are supposed to be more accurate if you get the chest strap and wear it that way.