diet lipton green tea with citrus?

Options
It has 80 mg of sodium per serving is that bad Im trying to drink healthier and i like a lil taste should i continue to drink it or stop:smile:

Replies

• cyndi101
    Options
    my advise...Drink Diet Snapple peach tea made with both green and black teas...it tastes alot better than the Lipton green tea with citrus..(that's just my opinion, of course) but I just checked the label and it only has 5 mg of sodium in a serving....:drinker:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're fine. Thats not bad sodium content. Just aim for a few a day, and you'll be great!
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    the diet is much better than the regular, but I'm not sure of the difference in sodium
    -my husband was thinking the regular green tea and the sodium level was making his heart race and making him sweat so much, when we figure out it was the tea he stopped drinking it...but a lot of sports drinks have a lot of sodium
    cause it's suppose to be good for athletes, keeps down the leg cramps
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I actually like the lipton green tea citrus packets, 0 everything and taste great!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    You should just buy some green tea bags and some lemon, orange or other citrus and make your own.

Those bottled drinks and those powdered drink packets are not healthy with the artificial sweetener - aka aspartame.........

Aspartame is known for causing a lot of side effects.
  • mmmary201
    Options
    If you're drinking it for the health benefits of tea....stop. If you're drinking it cause you like it and the alternative is a sugared soda or something, this is better. But not the best choice at all. If you're concerned with sodium, then drink more water before or after.
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about the sodium, you could always brew your own at home like I do. :) It's not difficult and doesn't take long. Plus, zero calories, sodium, etc. Here's what you do...

Buy a box of Lipton Green Tea with Citrus in the tea/coffee section of the grocery store. You get 40 tea bags for a little over $2.50 I think. Not a bad price. There's different ways to brew it, but what I do is fill a 3 qt. saucepan a little over 3/4 of the way full of water. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then remove from the heat and let sit for several minutes. (using boiling water to brew green tea can make it taste bitter and very unpleasant!) Use 8 tea bags (this will yield a half gallon of tea) and place in the water and let them steep for about 2 minutes. Remove them, pour tea in a half gallon pitcher and honey if you'd like some sweetness. (I use 1/4 C. honey per half gallon, but you may prefer more or less) Fill the pitcher the rest of the way with water if it doesn't fill completely. :)