Clothes don't fit?!?!

Options
I have a question...probably more for the MFP ladies than guys....about clothes. I'm a CPA and work in a professional office, so I have to dress up each day (dress pants, nice shirt, heels, etc.). I've only been dieting for 2 weeks, but have been exercising and have seen a few pounds drop...but more so I am seeing myself "shrink". For the 4th day in a row I put on my pants and they are too big. I can wear them without them falling off, but they look a little wierd and I have to use a belt to keep them up. I'msure this problem isn't isolated to me....what is everyone doing in their in between sizes? My goal size is an 8 or 6, I'm starting at a 14. I don't want to buy new clothes in each size, but I have to look good for work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations! Find a good second hand store or a consignment shop. You will have to get new clothes sooner or later, but if you HAVE to get something for between then and now you don't have to pay full price for them. You might even talk to the consignment shop about selling your too big clothes if they still look good. Or you could put an ad in a local online paper or on Craigslist and see if anyone in your area has good used clothes they are willing to part with, or if someone else needs YOUR outshrank clothes.

Good Luck!
  • OceanAddict
    OceanAddict Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Can you have them taken in? My dry-cleaner has a lady who does tailoring / alterations for a very reasonable price.

Congrats on your progress!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My ex husband is also a CPA, when he lost his 40 pounds, he took his pants to the tailors and had them taken in. We all know how work clothes and any clothes at that can be expensive. just a thought! Nice work, keep it up! Be proud.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest alterations too. That's what I plan on doing once my pants start getting too big. Not quite there yet but they're not tight anymore! :D