Here I go

Options
2»

Replies

• skynyrdchick
    Options
    Make sure to get your 8 glasses of water a day in too! I was never a water drinker before, but now I love it. I'll put it in the freezer for a little bit to make it nice and cold and icy. It does help to make you not feel as hungry (does me anyway) :o)
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I lost my 105 pounds at the point where you are now. Slow and easy. Be mindful of EVERYTHING you eat. The choice is in your own soul. But I am here to say - you CAN do it. Really. I've never been a single digit jean in my life... until I was in your spot.

xoxoxo
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    lol I got it!
  • jenbusick
    Options
    lol I got it!
  • jenbusick
    Options
    Well, Der Spouse might not want to join you, but will he mind if you ask him to encourage your efforts to eat more healthfully? Like, by not complaining when you decline to eat a Whopper and go for the Whopper Jr. instead, or when you change a recipe so that it's more healthy?
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    One thing about this site that I find especially useful is the recipe tool -- put in your recipe, and it calculates the nutrition values per serving. It makes it easy to cut back, because you can look at the 1-cup serving you USUALLY eat, and say "Yikes! 750 calories!" but if you cut back the serving size to 3/4 or 1/2 cup, it cuts the calories. You're eating the same food, and just cutting back a little bit, but making progress by altering the serving size.

Yes, but are you hungry after cutting your serving size down so much? I'm afraid that if I'm hungry, I'll just make up for it with Animal Crackers later.
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    Der Spouse is usually pretty good about eating whatever is put in front of him. Well, he doesn't like soup and sandwiches and he wants a Real Meal for dinner (not ramen noodles or a turkey sandwich, etc...).
    It's those days that he comes home tired and says, "Can we eat out tonight?" that I just can't say no to. He wants to be supportive, he just doesn't know how. We are really bad for each other. One says, "I want a milkshake," and the other says, "Are you sure? Okay. I'll get one too."
  • lexcruz2
    Options
    Hello, I started MFP around January 5th and have lost about 5lbs so far. I like that I can access MFP from everywhere, at work, at home or via my blackberry and ipod touch. It makes keeping track of my food pretty easy to do. The hard part is the reality of how fast the calories add up in a day.

I also like how I can plan ahead and add my anticipated meals in ahead of time to see how many calories they will add up to before I eat them. This allows me to see where I may be able to substitute what is necessary to stay within my calorie count.

I am looking forward to getting to a weight that I will feel good about! Good luck to everyone!
  • jenbusick
    Options
    Yeah, you have to be careful about not cutting back too much, too fast, or you WILL make it up with animal crackers later! I'd say shoot for a 1/4 reduction in calories every two weeks to a month until you get to where you want to be. If you are eating 3000 calories a day to begin with, try to cut back to 2250 per day and see how you feel and whether you can maintain that without feeling like you're starving. Once you can do that, cut back to 1500 per day and see how you do. I'd definitely take it in stages.

And be frank with Der Spouse about what you need from him. He loves you, he'll at least try.