starting out

Options
Hi everyone. Dan here. I just started this program a week ago and am already having some great success! The calorie tracker is a great way to ensure that I'm progressing in the right direction. A little about myself:
I'm a provincial correctional officer in the youth system in Ontario. As such, I work 12 hour shifts 2 or 3 in a row. I was sitting at about 210 at 5'10" for quite a while. I had my wisdom yanked out in the fall and when I stepped on the scales a week or so later, I had lost 10-12 pounds from the light diet. I decided to keep working at it and gradually worked the Canada Food Guide into my diet. Last week I bought a ipod touch and found this app and the pounds are coming off quite nicely. Now instead of a litre of pop a day and junk food, I treat myself to a can of pop with some homemade buttered popcorn once a week. If I gain a pound or two, I won't get worked up about it, but I will be making sure that the downward trend continues. After all, a little junk food once in a while is okay as long as it doesn't become a habit.
Luckily my wife and two kids remaining at home enjoy healthy eating too so the temptations aren't there. Anyway, I've talked too much already so I'll sign off for the moment, but if I have any questions or answers I'll be around. Thanks again!