Does it really matter?

Options
Well, my weigh-in is tomorrow and I was wondering if I should workout today? I've heard that it would be best to not workout the day before your weigh-in and then I've heard the opposite; does it make a difference? I've worked out 6 days straight so far. So should I workout today or not?

Thank you.

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    If you've done a workout for 6 straight days, a rest day is in order IMO.

Don't worry about scheduling workouts around your weighin- once in a while if you do a really significant or difficult workout, you will have a little water retention, but it will just be a blip.

Also- a key for moving forward, you should look into scheduling the when of your workout (and the how long) about a week ahead. (I sit down on Sunday nights and set up times like I would for any other appointment)

Good luck!
  • brandi16
    Options
    I do believe that it does matter. However, you should be giving your body at least one day rest. I find that I am guilty of that, too...until I took off Sunday, I worked out 13 days in a row...FAR too much. I didn't realize I had done that...

So take the day off today!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    If you've done a workout for 6 straight days, a rest day is in order IMO.

Don't worry about scheduling workouts around your weighin- once in a while if you do a really significant or difficult workout, you will have a little water retention, but it will just be a blip.

Also- a key for moving forward, you should look into scheduling the when of your workout (and the how long) about a week ahead. (I sit down on Sunday nights and set up times like I would for any other appointment)

Good luck!

I workout around the same time every day which is when my little 2 take their naps. It's just easier for me so I don't have any distractions.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You should give yourself a day for rest and recovery for every 2-3 days you exercise.

As far as the weigh in goes, I haven't seen a difference. I weigh twice a week, on Monday and Friday. I work out 4-5 days during the week and take the weekends off. I have about the same weight loss for each weigh in.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You should give yourself a day for rest and recovery for every 2-3 days you exercise.

As far as the weigh in goes, I haven't seen a difference. I weigh twice a week, on Monday and Friday. I work out 4-5 days during the week and take the weekends off. I have about the same weight loss for each weigh in.

+1

I hate rest days, but they are important, and I've found my performance increases dramatically when I rest every 1-3 training days.