B-12 vitamins?

Options
Anyone taking B12 vitamins? Saw where these vitamins increase your engery level? Wanting some more info from anyone who obviously knows more than I.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I take a B100 complex, and it does help with the energy and mood. It's one of those things that most of us don't get enough of in our diet, so if you take a supplement, you'll feel the way you *should* feel, if that makes sense. Just a warning, it will make your pee look like yellow highlighter fluid. :laugh:
  • barbara7967
    Options
    It take 2500 mg sublingual everyday. i can tell when i forget to take it. Sublingual is more effective thatn taking tablets
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yeah i take super B complex or something like that along with my One a Day women's mind and body...i notice a difference when i dont take it. i feel its safer than a prescribed "happy pill" lol. and yeah pee will be bright yellow! but i drink so much water daily it cleans it out!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My sister gives B-12 (via injection) as a side job--she's a nurse. Anyway, the literature she gives her clients says that the B-12 is a water-soluble vitamin, so if you take it orally, the extra just leaves your body when you pee. However, by getting a shot (so it's absorbed through the muscle) it's not excreted out and your body can use it more effectively. I know I'm not being very specific, but it's been a while since I read the info. I've gotten the shots several times and I really think it does work...I was able to function better when I had a lack of sleep, I had more energy to get things done after a long day at work, etc.
  • HollyHask
    HollyHask Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It was sugested by my buddy at the vitamin store to stick with the b-12 supplements that have the superior form of methylcobalamin in them. This is the best to take. I take 5000 mcg BUT only 3 times a week. That with a good diet and exercise will give you energy.
  • mmildice
    Options
    I get the B-12 shots once a month at my doctors office. I absolutely love them. I feel like a totally different person now. I have a lot more energy and feel great. I tell the girls at work that they are my happy shots. :happy:
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Most "weight loss" multi-vitamins contain caffeine, which I don't tolerate well, so I compared them to regular multi-vitamins to see if there were any other differences. I think they had more B vitamins, but they also has chromium picolinate. The chromium picolinate bottles also list them as aiding "metabolism" or for "energy." Has anyone noticed a difference using that?
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a B vitamin supplement recently, and I already I feel way better. The vitamins I take have all sorts of B vitamins in it, including B-12. I figured the extra vitamins couldn't hurt.

They really do help with your energy, and also can help with depression. Yay!