Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

not loosing

2»

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    You dont' have enough to lose to see fast results when dieting "The right way". I struggle with this too. I'm 145 and 5'7" and started at 152#. The first 4 lbs took 2 MONTHS to come off, then I had a wtime where I lost 3 lbs in about 10 days, now I'm back to slow going (although I've been sick and also had a cheat weekend with my boyfriend for his 40th BD)

Anyway, you can't expect to see great results so soon when you don't really have a TON of weight to lose. You coudl lose more if you were crash dieting, but if you want a REAL, LASTING change, you are losing right on track!

believe me (please!) I wrote a very similar post about 6 mo ago, where I just wanted to cry because the weight was coming off so slowly and 2 years about I only weighed about 127 so....being at 150 was feeling miserable.. I thought I'd shrink back to 130 easily like I have done in the past, but.....well.. I'm not.

However, I am getting stronger, my endurance is increasing steadily when I run and I'm seeing more definition in my waist. Yes, it has taken me 3 months to lose 7 lbs, which is frustrating, but I've decided to change my goal.... keep getting healthy. keep losing, and not stress about summer this year.. but by next summer I'm gonna look FANTASTIC~!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Honey, I'm with you. :explode: After having my last baby I have been stuck with the last 20 pounds for 5 months. I am 5'5'' and 152. I eat almost all of my exercise calories a day and, due to a past ED, will not weigh myself until the end of the summer. I know my metabolism is slow. I eat right, exercise right and have kicked it up a notch since finishing with teaching for the summer.

I want to cry too. I will not go back to my "old" ways so I guess I'm stuck here too with all you great people. I am doing the right thing, feeling good and trying not to be too hard on myself. Let's stick with it!
This discussion has been closed.