The tape measure doesn't lie...

Options
So, I posted this on my page, but thought that I would put it out there. I started P90X Classic 2 weeks ago and have lost zero, nada, zilch in weight! My old attitude would have "justified" quitting the workout routine because the scale wasn't moving.

Well, I'm confirming that it hasn't moved; however, in the two weeks that I've been committed to working this workout program to the best of my ability I have lost about 10 inches overall!

It is NOT about the scale anymore. It is about how I feel and look, oh and how my clothes are fitting me. My "tight" jeans were fitting pretty darn good AND I got called svelte the other day...FANCY!:heart:

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I just started and I'm glad you're reminding me of the tape measure. I will have to dig mine out. Is there a place on here to record inches?
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes there is! When you do your weight check-in there are a few places for inches. SWEET!:glasses:
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    I SOO need to measure myself. I had a bad weigh-in this week - despite working out really hard this week. I'm trying to figure out the actual culprit. However, I realize that I probably would've seen a difference in inches this week if I had kept up with my measurements.

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Posting on this because I keep meaning to measure and never do! My scale is stuck haha, so I would love to measure to see if I'm losing inches! I just keep forgetting to buy the stupid tape measurer. That's my goal this week LOL!

Great post! :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Good for you snowsflake!!! It should be about how you feel...im so close to my healthy weight now that i mostly just want to tone....so i finally have done my measurements and will be watching them more than the scale :)
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. My friend is loaning me her P90X today. I can't wait to start. I'm steadily losing lbs but I WANT to see the inches come off as well!
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    You are so right, I do not even think about the scale it just drive me CRAZY! I know that I have lost weight because my clothes fit a lot better than they did 2 weeks ago. I will no longer rely on those numbers on the scale my clothes do not lie nor does the tape measure.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    If it wasn't for the tape measure, I would have given up hope awhile ago. Last April when I started running (but didn't change my eating), it was the tape measurement that showed losses and not the scale. Now both do because I'm eating better, but it's a good reminder that it's not about any one thing. It is about your weight, your measurements, the way your clothes fit and probably most importantly how you feel over all...
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are just starting P90X today and are going to measure every week. I know the scale may not move or it may even go up with the building of muscle. So keeping up with inches will help keep me from being discouraged. I have always relied on the numbers on the scale, but I know it shouldn't be just about that!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME! And I've tried both Lean and Classic...and I for sure like Classic more than Lean...and Plyo X more than Cardio X...WORD! :)
  • kappy2hot
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME! And I've tried both Lean and Classic...and I for sure like Classic more than Lean...and Plyo X more than Cardio X...WORD! :)

I agree with you.