Yikes!

Options
Well today I burned 433 calories at the gym and on the wii... Which means I have to eat 1833 calories today so that I eat my exercise calories as I limit myself to 1400 calories a day...

My goodness I've struggled! I'm following the slim fast plan and so I have the shake for breakfast and one for lunch totalling 440, my dinner is meant to be 600 calories and I tend to get that as close as I can, and I'm allowed 3 snacks during the day usually of about 100 calories each...

what on earth am I meant to eat to make up the extra 433 calories! I made myself a 770 calorie dinner today :sick: and I STILL have all those cals to go! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What do I do?!!

HELP!!!!

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Don't fret it. It's good to eat back exercise calories usually, but trust what your body tells you. If you're not hungry, don't eat. Otherwise it's like you're punishing yourself with food and thus creating a negative relationship. Having an extra deficit won't hurt you every now and then--just enjoy the boost to your weight loss goals.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply! I still find it really alien to have to eat the calories I've burnt off but I'm getting the hang of it! Do you think that if I tend to do that much exercise and am going to struggle with eating the cals back I should drop my calorie intake?
  • nichole_pickle
    Options
    Oh I just posted a similar message at the same time! I too am finding it hard to eat the extra calories, it's such a strange thing to do, it feels like I'm going right against the grain if I do that.

Do we need to find 'good calories' to fill that void maybe??
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Make your snacks a more calorie dense item, and bump it to 200 cals. Nuts or trail mix work good for that. Peanutbutter on an apple works good too. Make it something that has some protein in it.