Will my booty ever...

Options
...you know, lift a little? I exercise all the time and my butt is flat, flat, flat and wide. This is such a self-involved question, but has anyone seen a big change in the back end?

Ha ha..... sheepish.

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Squats Lunges and running!

I had a huge bubble but, and when I started running and did the C25K program, I lost 4 inches in my butt alone!

can't beat squats and lunges though for toning ... I did Legs and Back P90X dvd last night! Wow, 50+ minutes of squats and lunges and you didn't even repeat a set! Very good variety!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I believe squats and lunges are the best exercises for the backside. You can also do bridges - where you lay on your back and left hips squeezing the glutes. And the exercise where you are on your hands and knees and left your leg behind you with knee bent.

Do you have Body Pump classes in your area? I do this class all the time and my legs and butt are getting quite strong - now I just need to blast off the rest of my belly fat!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    There is a program by beachbody called brazilian butt lift - you can download it (I did :O ) and it was created for the victoria's secret model's butts. I have not started it yet, but apparently it works the 3 different muscle groups in your butt to make it round and lifted in all aspects. May be worth a try!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My gym has a glutes weight machine. It's crazy but it definitely works. I'm seeing a change in my butt from that and from all the cardio (treadmill on interval with high incline and arc trainer with the same).
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are awesome. If you want that butt to work harder you can add some weight. I've recently added 30 lbs to my squats and boy was I feeling that. Old fashioned donkey kicks work good too.

You can make your butt look worlds better but you've got to work it and variety helps too.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    I was told by my husband basically what Sir Mix-A-Lot told us in the 90's:

"You can do side bends or situps, but please don't lose that butt!"

LOL...I've always had a Kim Kardashian-esque build (not nearly as gorgeous as she), so no matter what I do, I do believe I've got that thing for life! :laugh:

Seriously, though: lunges and squats. Running, too.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    hips, butts, and belly are the LAST areas you will see improvement but it will eventually happen. Make sure you are doing strength training for your glutes to shape those buns.. good luck
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just don't want that square butt thing--you know, where the butt is flat and then there's like this square of butt in the middle of the flat part? hahahaha.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    There is a program by beachbody called brazilian butt lift - you can download it (I did :O ) and it was created for the victoria's secret model's butts. I have not started it yet, but apparently it works the 3 different muscle groups in your butt to make it round and lifted in all aspects. May be worth a try!

My Sis in law did this. She had a nice butt before, but now it's flawless!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    squats and lunges... ALL FORMS! :-D hehe
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    hips, butts, and belly are the LAST areas you will see improvement but it will eventually happen. Make sure you are doing strength training for your glutes to shape those buns.. good luck

This is not true... it completely depends on the exercises you do and where YOUR body has fat stores. I see my results in my Hip flexers and rear end as well as back before anywhere else.. BUT I am doing full body conditioning....

It depends on a lot of things. Everyone's body is different!
  • susanaz
    susanaz Posts: 24
    Options
    LOL!!!!! oh my...you must read my blog on here called "New Pants " it's about my fiasco in trying to get "Butt lifting workout pants" ;)
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!! oh my...you must read my blog on here called "New Pants " it's about my fiasco in trying to get "Butt lifting workout pants" ;)
    I read that! Absolutely hilarious!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are awesome. If you want that butt to work harder you can add some weight. I've recently added 30 lbs to my squats and boy was I feeling that. Old fashioned donkey kicks work good too.

You can make your butt look worlds better but you've got to work it and variety helps too.

I will second this. I love adding weights to squats. I find it helps me focus and work harder.